Arghhhh! I Just Found Molly Fry In My Son's Tank!

I'm a few years ahead of you but still very nice forum and a nice tank you have there. My avatar is my 10 gallon fry tank. :hyper: Should update that pic. My mom got a new high pixel camera for christmas. :hyper:
Yeah please post pics. Thats my favorite part of this site

I just got a Kodak camra for Chrismas and my dad got a Nikon. :nod:

I saw honeys at a petsmart yesterday half our away for $4 each and an LFS that has a 36 hour guarantee 45 minutes away sells them for $5 each. I still think I want dwarfs. What type should I get? Does it matter or can I get any dwarf, because I may change my mind.
I think you sould get a Powder blue because there pretty ;)

Called the LFS that's 45 minutes away today and they said they were closing on January 1st. :-( Then the girl said but I could special order you some fish on January 15th. And I asked how if they were closing. But apparently they're moving not closing!!! :hyper: Moving 15 minutes from my house instead of 45!!! That's only a 5 minute further drive than my local Petco and 5 minutes closer than Petsmart!!! I'm very content!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :D ;)
I'll check out Powder Blues. I like yours. ;)

My dad also has that same exact monument :lol:

Called the LFS that's 45 minutes away today and they said they were closing on January 1st. :-( Then the girl said but I could special order you some fish on January 15th. And I asked how if they were closing. But apparently they're moving not closing!!! :hyper: Moving 15 minutes from my house instead of 45!!! That's only a 5 minute further drive than my local Petco and 5 minutes closer than Petsmart!!! I'm very content!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :D ;)
Thanks!

What kind of mollys do you have. 1 lyritail molly and one sailfin molly!

I have 2 female marble mollys 1 marble lyretail male, and a female gold dust molly.

How can you tell if they have it?

I plan to get a pair of flames and wanna try and get ones without it if I can.
You can tell if they have it if they have some kind of wound :/

I have 2 female marble mollys 1 marble lyretail male, and a female gold dust molly.
What kind of fry do you have :unsure: I got 21 molly fry, one died yesterday :(

I just got two good looking cobra guppies. :shifty: They are so cool!!!

Awesome.

I bought a cobra endler, mistaking it for a cobra guppy. :blush: The difference is the shape of the tail, and the adult size. Endlers only grow to about an inch in length, but the guppies grow to about 1 and a half inches. The tail of the endler is much narrower, whereas the guppy tail is a huge fan.

Guppy:
Green-Cobra-male-1.jpg

Endler:
EPIC+ENDLER-2-SM.jpg

Ruskull, in answer to your infusoria question, if you boil half a potatoe and put it in a container of aquarium water for a few months, it will go murky and thats what you can feed them. But beware, it absolutely stinks :sick: , so i advise an airtight container :good:

He doesn't really have a few months to wait... he needs the fish food now. :lol:

Yeah, thanks for the advice anyway but I have to feed these little buggers like six times a day! They're always hungry.............and we've only lost one so far. They've been eating finely crushed flake, finely crushed freeze dried blood worms, and frozen brine shrimp. I haven't put any bottom feeder pellets in recently because I don't want to foul the water. They did chomp on that one pellet I did add though & there isn't any sign of residue so maybe I'll add another one today.

I just got two good looking cobra guppies. :shifty: They are so cool!!!

Awesome.

I bought a cobra endler, mistaking it for a cobra guppy. :blush: The difference is the shape of the tail, and the adult size. Endlers only grow to about an inch in length, but the guppies grow to about 1 and a half inches. The tail of the endler is much narrower, whereas the guppy tail is a huge fan.

Guppy:
Green-Cobra-male-1.jpg

Endler:
EPIC+ENDLER-2-SM.jpg

Thank's for that info, we def. have (2) Cobra Guppies because they look like the first pic. They are beautiful fish that have an iridescent set of greenish specs on their sides. They don't look exactly the same as each other either, one's tail is a bit bigger & the other has a slightly darker more colorful body. They're getting along great with the fancy blue Guppy that was already in the tank.

Arrghhhh my sunburst platy is giving birth. I have too many orange fry!!!!! I saved the first out now it's survival of the fittest.

Most reactions

Back