Zucchini causes internal parasites?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ostrow

Fish Herder
Reaction score
One person at an lfs shrieked at me when I mentioned I put a piece of zucchini in my tank. She said if fish consume it they'll develop a highly contagious internal parasite that can wipe out a whole tank.

Is she nuts? I've never heard this. Many sites recommend it for many fish.

I keep a community tank with clown loaches, rainbows and assorted tetras. Have a clown pleco, dwarf bristlenose pleco, and one unidentified pleco (see my post in catfish section).

Anyway, what do people think about this????

I have never used Zucchini but I use romaine lettuce and cucumber and heres the kicker, I blanched the first time and it made such a mess I never did it again, and all the fish are fine......they dont have a problem chowing down on what is there already so I figure the greens wont hurt them and after a couple of months they are are still happy to eat it

Les

I did the same as Les, the first time I fed Cucumber to our Pl*cs I blanched it for too long and it made a mess, now I only leave it in the boiling water for 1 min at the most, this softens it up a bit but it doesn't mush in the tank.....Our Cichlids also go nuts for cucumber, it is the only food they will fight with the pl*cs for. :hyper:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back