FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

lynz212004

Reaction score
Hi I am new to having fish and purchased 4 zebra danios a month ago. When cleaning out the tank yesterday I found a baby, so I have purchased a tank float thing and have separated it from the adults, anything else I should be doing?. One of the danios look as though she is ready to spawn as she has an enlarged stomach. The other three fish are chasing her constantly and I want to make sure this is normal behaviour? I do have another tank but I have no idea who her bonded partner is to separate them, should I just leave them all in the main tank and keep looking out for eggs? My intention was never to breed but it looks as though they are doing it anyway lol. Any help will be very much appreciated. I have a video but unable to upload so have attached a photo of the fish I believe to be carrying eggs

Attachments

• 2F427996-E9FE-4E7F-87A9-553F5F3C282E.jpeg
    2F427996-E9FE-4E7F-87A9-553F5F3C282E.jpeg
    270.4 KB · Views: 39
Just fill the tank up with plant and let them have a fun time. You will gain a few fish. Which is cool.
Thank you, are there any plants you recommend? Should I separate any eggs that get laid and fertilised into the floating tank with the baby?

Thank you, are there any plants you recommend? Should I separate any eggs that get laid and fertilised into the floating tank with the baby?
Don't separate the eggs, you are just having fun. The plants you want are Ambulia or Cabomba anything with very fine leaves. The fry will be protected by them.

Thank you so much, will get those today. Should I put the baby that’s in the floating tank back in the main tank or keep him in there now he is is there?

Thank you so much, will get those today. Should I put the baby that’s in the floating tank back in the main tank or keep him in there now he is is there?
Put the new plants in your tank, make sure that some are floating on the surface, and then let the little guy enjoy his life. Danios are cool, the fry live on the surface and the adult fish underneath them if you have enough surface plants the adults won't eat them.

Put the new plants in your tank, make sure that some are floating on the surface, and then let the little guy enjoy his life. Danios are cool, the fry live on the surface and the adult fish underneath them if you have enough surface plants the adults won't eat them.
Brilliant thank you

Danio fry need tiny food such as microworms, infusora or powdered fry food several times a day.

Danio fry need tiny food such as microworms, infusora or powdered fry food several times a day.
Thank you I have been giving the baby the temperate flakes that the others have as that is what he has been surging on for the last month but will get some microworms today too. The female has laid her eggs, I think the majority have been eaten by the other danios and other fish in there but I did see a couple and have hidden them under the stones, will see if they survive to give the baby some friends 🤞

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back