Your Worst Fish Story.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

grayshark

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
mine is in the link My Story basicly I had 10 neon tetras get eaten.
Since wednesday my fish tank has gone all upside down :(
I had 12 tetra's wednesday at 5:30pm
at 7:00pm I had 10
thursday I had 8
friday I had 6
So I have took my black widows back for eating them that was today saturday and got some swordtails and 2 balloon mollies.
saturday at 3:00pm I had 5 so they are still dieing with the new fish.
right now 10:06pm I have 2.

So I have took my black widows back for eating them that was today saturday

I am so P*55*d off but I am going to have to get over it and move on.

Years ago I lived in a crappy little house. My brother had a small plastic tank with tropical fish in it. We went away for Christmas for a few days. Came back, found out the heater had broke and the entire tank had frozen almost completely through. One dyed tetra or something managed to survive, and he lived for a whole year and a half after that. Kinda not my worst story, but still, pretty awful....

i havnt got much of a "bad" story.

Once i was changing water and wasnt cleaning gravel. Just sucking water through the hose into a bucket, and i suckered up an inquisitive harliquin. He went, SPLASH, into the bucket and i just dropped it and scooped him out, and he is still going strong! YAY :p

I felt awfull for days though! :crazy:

I had an idea but then I lost it (sorry a little to :drink: right now) It was the anuall snomobile races in town. here is some picss.......These things go 190 KPH wow whata day....get to do it allover again tommorrow!!!!!!!!!1

Race.jpg

TerryWahl47.jpg

cptc6.jpg

CoryEwing6JacquesVilleneuve96.jpg

Not to mention its 5:00 AM (Time for bed) Races start at 9:00 hahaha

Touch wood.............i have no bad stories!!!

Had ich once..(my fish, not me!!)

all my fish are going strong and looking good! No casualties and no emergencies :thumbs:

steve 8)

grayshark said:
mine is in the link My Story basicly I had 10 neon tetras get eaten.
Since wednesday my fish tank has gone all upside down :(
I had 12 tetra's wednesday at 5:30pm
at 7:00pm I had 10
thursday I had 8
friday I had 6
So I have took my black widows back for eating them that was today saturday and got some swordtails and 2 balloon mollies.
saturday at 3:00pm I had 5 so they are still dieing with the new fish.
right now 10:06pm I have 2.

So I have took my black widows back for eating them that was today saturday

I am so P*55*d off but I am going to have to get over it and move on.
Your Black widows did not eat your tetras, your tetras died then your black widows tried eating them.

aggreed with Matchu

the worst thats ever happend is when ym fish jumped tanks and ate all my fry

D

Your Black widows did not eat your tetras, your tetras died then your black widows tried eating them. [/quote]
yeh well its all my fault.

Well I've had a few. One of them is my fault, and the other I have no idea.
I had Ich in my 30, it killed all three of my loaches. :/ I don't know where it came from, but it might have come with a fish. My dojos and cichlids weren't touched by it, but my poor loaches had a hard time with it. :-(
I got fungus in my 55 from some other fish, it killed almost all my fish, I had to put 20 fish (including 2 6" ones) in my tiny 3 1/2 gallon! It almost killed my 2 beloved dojos, but they did a full recovery and are now living in my 30 gallon with my cichlids.
So those are my stories, knock on wood I don't have any current ones!!

EDIT: on second thought, That was the only time I could catch my dojos easily!! :rolleyes:

I was cleaning my tank, still had gravel then and once a month or so I would take all the fake plants out of one end and move them the other so that I could suck every bit of junk up. So I had moved everything over, and decided that it would be a good idea to really get in there and stir the gravel the best I could to get everything up. I vacuumed the crap out of it, and then put the filter on high to get the rest of the floating stuff.

The next day when I got home from work I see 2 danios a little listless, 3 huge adult barbs gasping for air at the bottom, 3 platties -2 adult and my first ever baby (a year old at that time) belly up. They all had dropsy, and they all died. Turns out I stirred up a pocket of ammonia and they couldnt take the change in water condition.

I was so sad. Moping all over the house. Couldn't eat, couldn't sleep. I felt so aweful - like the worst fish owner ever. I have since been very careful about my water changes.

I was taking some stuff out of my tank because I was moving. So I took this cave out and the phone rang, so I was gone for like 5 minutes. When I came back my one clown loach was flopping on the floor, so I picked him up and put him back in the tank. Apparently he got himself wedged up in the very top corner of the tank and I didn't see him. Yes the fish was fine and I still have him today.

I had a 10 gallon community with a male betta in it with a HOB filter and I always leave the filter on when I am cleaning it so I took the little safety piece off the intake tube and cleaned that out and cleaned the tube and everything and then stuck everything back in...except for the safety part on the intake tube. I never noticed I didn't put it back on and the next morning I saw shred of betta tail all over the gravel. :crazy: I looked in the intake tube and he was jammed up there. Not to mention it wasn't my betta, it was my younger sisters. I couldn't tell her I killed her betta so I ran out to the LFS as fast as I could and snatched up a betta that looked closest to hers. The trip was very hectic. I went into the LFS and looked over through the bettas and found one that was black and red for the most part (that was what her old one looked like) and so the LFS guy was busy with another customer so I decided to look around. Then this little girl got to the LFS guy before I could because I was obviously distracted by the other fish and she asked him to get a betta for her because she and her mom were buying one. At first she picked out the one I NEEDED and I freaked out and jolted over there. Luckily I knew the guy that worked there, Steve, and I told him my story and how I NEEDED THAT betta. :/ He bagged him up for me and the little girl picked out another one. I felt bad...but hey..I needed that betta. :p

Got him home into the 10 gallon and he REALLY brightened up...I mean he REALLY brightened up. His "black" skin had green and blue speckles and he had brilliant blue/purple in his red fins. I told my sister their colors change when they are happy. :lol: I then later had to confess due to a guilt-trip. She didn't really mind and she appreciated the fact that I went out and got her a new one. :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Back