Your Hobbies

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Aviation! I'm a regular spotter at Heathrow, here are some of my pics
smile.png

rzka.jpg

cxqy.jpg

oigv.jpg

uv88.jpg

My other hobby may not come as too much of a surprise, I like Olympic style "recurve" target archery, and have enjoyed quite a bit of success made the grade/classification of Grand Master Bowman and managed to be ranked 8th in the UK at one time, Now taking a less competitive approach to the sport and have recently begun coaching and my current apprentice Finished 6th in the Archery GB National Series 2013
smile.png

508 said:
smile.png

rzka.jpg

cxqy.jpg

oigv.jpg

uv88.jpg

would i be correct in saying the American is a Boeing 777 model, and the bottom KLM is a Boeing 737 model?
I believe the BA is an airbus of some sorts, possibly a A321, i'm not sure about the other KLM, it looks like a Boeing, but i wouldnt place a bet on it

Blubble37 said:

smile.png

rzka.jpg

cxqy.jpg

oigv.jpg

uv88.jpg

would i be correct in saying the American is a Boeing 777 model, and the bottom KLM is a Boeing 737 model?
I believe the BA is an airbus of some sorts, possibly a A321, i'm not sure about the other KLM, it looks like a Boeing, but i wouldnt place a bet on it

Yep, the American is a 777-300ER and the bottom KLM is a 737-700. The BA is a 767-300ER and the other KLM is an ERJ-190. :)

Hi im Luis im from Portugal but now i Live in germany :)

And my hobbies are like paintball, GYM, kitesurf, and Snowboard :)

The lock man having 4 kids is a full time job not a hobby pmsl

508 said:

smile.png

rzka.jpg

cxqy.jpg

oigv.jpg

uv88.jpg

Yep, the American is a 777-300ER and the bottom KLM is a 737-700. The BA is a 767-300ER and the other KLM is an ERJ-190.
smile.png

i thought he klm looked like a embrarer, just couldnt lay my finger on it

508 said:
smile.png

rzka.jpg

cxqy.jpg

oigv.jpg

uv88.jpg

Are you one of the lads that congregate up by what was the Visitor Centre?

Back in June 2012, my daughter's orchestra was given the opportunity to play at The Royal Military School of Music, Kneller Hall, Twickenham, as a kinda warm-up to one of their Proms Concerts. Kneller Hall is about a mile south of the flight path to Heathrow, and that evening, I saw 2 A380s landing, I'm not a aero-buff at all, but I can recognise one of them when I see one.

One I think was Qantas, and I think the other was Singapore, but could have been Cathay Pacific.

My hobbies are photography, my other pets, writing, crafty things :D

I love my cameras, mainly i photograph animals, landscapes, flowers, pretty much anything but people (unless they are candids)

I have a longcoat german shepherd, a ragdoll cat, a himalayan cat, a cockatiel, & a mouse, all of whom take up quite a bit of time :)

Writing, i dabble in adult fiction

Crafty things, includes making backgrounds for aquariums, painting, drawing, general craft items

the_lock_man said:

Back in June 2012, my daughter's orchestra was given the opportunity to play at The Royal Military School of Music, Kneller Hall, Twickenham, as a kinda warm-up to one of their Proms Concerts. Kneller Hall is about a mile south of the flight path to Heathrow, and that evening, I saw 2 A380s landing, I'm not a aero-buff at all, but I can recognise one of them when I see one.

One I think was Qantas, and I think the other was Singapore, but could have been Cathay Pacific.

Not the Visitor Centre, no. I spot at Myrtle Avenue, it's the only spot you can take proper pictures at Heathrow unfortunately. 

And Cathay Pacific don't have an A380 but Singapore and Qantas do. :)

508 said:

Not the Visitor Centre, no. I spot at Myrtle Avenue, it's the only spot you can take proper pictures at Heathrow unfortunately. 

And Cathay Pacific don't have an A380 but Singapore and Qantas do.
smile.png

Must have been Singapore then.

I bet you're popular with the residents of Myrtle Avenue - when we do the school uniform buying trip, for some reason we always go to John Lewis at Kingston (don't ask me, it's the wife's choice) and then take the kids down to Heathrow on the way home. Might go to Myrtle Avenue instead next time. I guess it depends on which runway the planes are landing on.

Here's some "fine Gold" I found with my mini-sluice. I prospect. camp, hike and love fishing as well!

IMG_3768_zps0907b9b3.jpg
253177_10151098546774934_1487905529_n_zps1673195f.jpg

The first year my girlfriend and I went hiking/Camping I fished for two days. It was abnormally hot during the day in the northearn part of where we live. It's near Canada in Minnesota and at night it would get cold. We only brought trail mix/energy bars as I was cocky and was like "I'll be catching fish for days." Turns out this was the only fish we caught the entire 5 day trip! It was so delicious as we were starving for meaty food! I caught it right after dark. I probably woke up every owl in the mile radius in our camp! I was hootin' and hollarin'! "HONEY GET THE PAN GOIN' I FINALLY GOT ONE!" =]

BrianMcC said:
The lock man having 4 kids is a full time job not a hobby pmsl
^^^^ lol!!!

Kids are awesome.

My hobbies are a wide range of things. I love the Doctor Who series and anything that has to do with sci-fi and fantasy ( Star Wars {only the last three}, Star Treck, Lord of The Rings, The Hobbit, the books, etc.) I'm also very into pottery and ceramics and anything crafty. I geocache when I can get the time and I'm in Marching Band, Academic Team and Beta club ( yes, I'm a highschooler). Everything else usually involves me and my friends debating on which Marvel character is the best.

Most reactions

trending

Back