Your Hobbies

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Blubble37

Ohai dere c:
Reaction score
So, i think this'd be a good way for us all to get to know eachother

I'll go first, so you dont have to

My name is Rob. My hobbies, apart from fish, include slot racing, 1/10 scale model racing, and flying.

The first two i can do at home quite easily, or go to the local racecourse, but with flying it's a different matter. I fly from stapleford aerodrome in essex, in a cessna 152, equipped with a lycoming O-235 engine and enough navigation equipment to allow me to learn. The planes are owned by stapleford flight centre.

Flight, for me, is fantastic, it's a once-weekly opportunity to leave my worries, stresses and cares 2,200 feet below me and do something that i truly enjoy. I'm at the stage of being able to fly solo, which is, frankly, awesome. Nobody in the plane, just you and a tin bird. It's suprising how much less stressful it is without an instructor, aye, they're there for a reason, but you constantly feel like you arent doing enough, but on your own, you go through the checks and you know that you're doing enough.

As far as 1/10 scale goes, i'm taking a break, it's winter and slick tyres dont do well on ice. but i own two cars, each capable of keeping up roughly 60mph over a 30 minute period, which isnt bad considering the motors are brushed, inefficient, and the batteries are 4300 NiMh's

i could go on forever, but i wont

So, what's your hobby? c:

hey,
sounds like a great hobby, mine is motorcycling ive a GSXR1000k8 and a CBR600fn Stay in Edinburgh,Scotland so I have to wait until summer where luckily we have great roads with hardly any speed cameras pmsl

BrianMcC said:
hey,
sounds like a great hobby, mine is motorcycling ive a GSXR1000k8 and a CBR600fn Stay in Edinburgh,Scotland so I have to wait until summer where luckily we have great roads with hardly any speed cameras pmsl
i love bikes tbh, sound much better than cars, look much better and, they're just fab

my uncle has a yamaha tdm850

My hobby is having 4 kids.......

Out of work, i have a lot of exotic pets so counting them as a hobby is out of the question lol..

I do cactus gardening and landscaping, collecting joker cards from different decks (do know i am afraid of clowns) and spend weekends alone on my almost private beach resort :D

first in line is my 2 daughters :)
Then i love to gym .... slightly into the bodybuilding side but not trying to be massive more fitness model size really. i go about 4-5 times a week and try to eat the right things and have put on about 2 stone in a couple of years.
my other hobby is my motorbikes currently own two , an old Honda VFR400 NC30 and a CBR1000rr6 (VFR400 in avatar pic)

Stimo said:
first in line is my 2 daughters
smile.png

Then i love to gym .... slightly into the bodybuilding side but not trying to be massive more fitness model size really. i go about 4-5 times a week and try to eat the right things and have put on about 2 stone in a couple of years.
my other hobby is my motorbikes currently own two , an old Honda VFR400 NC30 and a CBR1000rr6 (VFR400 in avatar pic)
sounds pretty neat tbh c':

Very nice to know each others!
Besides fish keeeping, which is pretty new, I also enjoy the art of Bonsai, electronics (I build guitar effects pedals and boutique guitar cables), painting, drawing, woodworking, biking when the weather permits, etc etc etc.
I would really love to learn piloting a plane.
 :)

Blubble37 said:

smile.png
if you can drive, flying will be easy

When I was working a contract at a major flight simulator company, I got the opportunity to fly one of their machines, usually it's a 2000$ per hour course that they sell to Airlines..

I flew for 30 minutes, during which I got the opportunity to take-off, land, 4 times..
Was fun and I managed to get us killed only once!

l_l_l said:

smile.png
if you can drive, flying will be easy

When I was working a contract at a major flight simulator company, I got the opportunity to fly one of their machines, usually it's a 2000$ per hour course that they sell to Airlines..

I flew for 30 minutes, during which I got the opportunity to take-off, land, 4 times..
Was fun and I managed to get us killed only once!

aye, but i do the real man's stuff ;D

I collect "Mathmos" Lava Lamps, here,s a few of 'em...

and I have a go at restoring older vintage models...

*pete* said:

different :)
i've never heard of anyone collecting these. i remember my GF sister having one but that was a while back now.
when did they first one come out then?

Stimo said:

different
smile.png

i've never heard of anyone collecting these. i remember my GF sister having one but that was a while back now.
when did they first one come out then?

That's what most people say or go boss eyed on me 
blink.png

They first came out in 1963 and where originally known as "Astro Lamps". They had a big revival in the 90s.

I've been fascinated by them since I was a kid and have owned one for years but only started collecting when I picked up an old cloudy grimy one in a charity store five years ago and decided to have ago at restoring it.

There are a lot of Mathmos collectors out there... they can be very addictive ! 

i want one, a lot xD but i blow my money on other things before i get to save it :c

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back