Yet another newbie...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Foxy1983

Reaction score
Hi everyone :flowers:

I've had a browse on the site and it's packed with some great stuff!!

At the moment we've just started keeping and breeding discus again, and as the last time we kept them I was in my teens and not in the slightest bit bothered with the technical stuff, I am trying to learn again now at 21 :)

My family's owned 2 tropical shops in the past 20 yrs, we were actually extremely good competition once we expanded for a well known fish shop locally, unfortunately due to getting to retirement age, my grandparents sold up before I was old enough to become interested and consider learning and taking on any shops. It's a shame because it would have been something I would have seriously considered if it had come about now. Oh well! Theres always later in life I guess.

You won't find me posting much techincal stuff, I share the responsibilities with my grandad and am slowly getting into the swing of things! We have approx 15 tanks (I think), and about 20 adult discus at this point. Many times they have spawned, but nitrates fluctuated in the beginning and unfortunately they didn't last. A few of them just weren't fertilised. Many of the pairs spawn every 9 - 10 days.

I'm very proud that we now have about 13 rapidly growing babies about 2 weeks old from our pair of blues. They're the sweetest things!!

Here's two of the pairs, the ones on the right are the proud parents!

Dicusbigredcleaning.jpg
Discus2.jpg

The fry at 6 days old, they've grown alot since then, so I'll try and get more photos with my rubbish camera then!
discusfry.jpg

We have a delivery of 4 more adult discus arriving tomorrow at 11am, so I'm sure I will be posting elsewhere on the site very soon.

Thanks for listening and please go easy on me! :look:
Would love to hear from any of you, so just drop me a PM.

Foxy

Go easy??? Hey, c'mon, Discus are supposed to be one of the most difficult FW fish to care for and yours are BREEDING? Way to go!!!..they look beautiful. I wish I had the time to take on the challenge of a discus tank. Thanks for the great pix.SH

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back