Yay! Our New Bgk!

great fish very quirky to haveina tank as they are so cute. they look amusing when they eat as they are so hurried and hoover a lot of food up

they still look cute when bigger, mines 9 inches, I rarely see him as he spends all his time in a pipe with a fire eel

Ours is in a 125gal tank :)
He's slowly adventuring some, but got his tail nipped some by the danios. The danios don't nip, so guessing they thought it was a worm lol.
No damage done though except for a scared BGK that went back and hid heh.. poor baby.

SO cute feeding him. He def knows when it's feeding time b/c he'll swim right to his castle and start wiggling away by the end of the turkey baster heh.
I can't wait for him to get bigger. I don't think he's gotten any bigger since we've gotten him. Hard to tell though when he hides all the time :p
Oh well... I'm sure I'll wake up one day with him 10inches long lol

He will come out eventually, mine was shy for a few days, but soon came out, hunger got the better of him, now he's out all the time, sniffing around the gravel, to my amazement a few weeks ago I noticed him eating tetra prima!!! Couldnt believe it, never before has he taken anythinng but frozen bloodworms, brinshrimp, prawn etc, and he's over a year old now, but now he loves prima - try some see if yours likes it :)

He's def been coming out a lot more now.
Yesterday he was out around his castle digging through the sand looking for food. Was really fun watching him :)

How big is your BGK?
Just wondering how fast they grow. Looks like ours has grown a little bit, but not much. He's still a tiny little thing.

OOO he's coming out a whole lot now. I think the clown loaches that keep going in to the castle is making him come out more heh.
He was behind the big log in the tank during feeding time. So cute! :wub:

He's def been coming out a lot more now.
Yesterday he was out around his castle digging through the sand looking for food. Was really fun watching him :)

How big is your BGK?
Just wondering how fast they grow. Looks like ours has grown a little bit, but not much. He's still a tiny little thing.

Well when I got him, must have been just over a year ago now, he was about 2-3", he is now only 6" I keep thinking maybe something isnt right as he doesnt seem to grow much to my eyes, but he eats like a pig, is very active and happy so Im guessing he just grows slowly, he's started in a 4ft tank, spend briefly some time in a 3ft, then moved up to the 5ft he's in now and will remain for life, so he wasnt ever in confined spaces.

*nods* I read that they were slow growers but wasn't sure how slow.
Ours is about 3 or 4 inches right now.

I think this will have to be my next purchase when i have room!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back