Yay My Channa Pulchra Have Arrived

simonas

stuck between a rock and a fish tank
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
These are one of my favourite fish I have ever kept having kept a group of 6 about 3 years ago but sold prematurely due to my then wifes business taking over my garage
Ive looked for young of these for nearly a year and havent paid the silly prices quoted I finally got some today from a well known channa breeder in the north east. I have 6 babies all about 1.5 -2 inch long and already looking like menacing predators :)

Great fish these are cant wait for them to grow bigger which happens very quickly and pics will follow in due course

They are for now kept in a 3ft tank with the heater off a small internal lots of plants and 9 sterbai for now that have been in there for a year. these will move once the channa get bigger

£5 each which is better than the £20 each that shops try to charge and jokers on other websites have texted me with

theyve settled in in a way that only channa can do these fish are amazing no wonder they invade continents!!

my group of 6 arrived this morning :) what temp is your tank running at mate? without a heater I struggle to keep mine above 16degrees

My heaters switched off and its showing 23 on my digi thermometer? Mine are munching away it wont be long before theyre growing bigger

my tank has settles at 19degrees. yeah these little guys have a big appetite mine have been having one cube of bloodworm a day between them.

how are your channa coming on Josh?

ha ha im in the process of moving 5 tanks down two to go just sitting down before I do the marine one

Pics will be sorted next week when Im finally relazing

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back