Worst Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SandMan8388

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Everyone seems to talk about all the great experiences with fish and thier favorite fish. But I was reading an article just recentley about the top 10 worst freshwater, and marine fish to keep. Surprisingly I have kept two of them. For some these fish may not be a 'bad fish' or what not in your opinion. But these were my experiences. I'll start off and you're welcome to add on any bad experiences with any fish you have had and will never try again.

First would have to be red belly piranhas. They were great when they were active during feeding, but they otherwise just sat at the bottom of the tank and didn't move :blink: .

The second fish was just the opposite. The Gar, it stayed at the top of the tank and waited for feeding time. It destroyed anything that you put within the water. The fish had no personality, besides being a raging killing machine :dunno:. I mean, heck the thing almost got me!

goldfish, i used to like em until i got tropical there so boring.

tinfoil barbs, they ate all the food before anything else could get a look in and attacked other fish that tried to get to the food before them.

Danio's all they did was constantly swim and eat and hassle all the other fish

Ive personally never had any luck with goldfish. They either prosper then die, or dont even grow, then die.

So rather than murdering more goldfish than the market could suport i chose to come towards tropical, with great success! :)

Tiger barbs...Don't get me wrong i love the little buggers...But i found them too sensitive and when i had 5 misteriously die for no reason with 2 weeks they dropped to the bottom of my list.

DR

digital_run said:
Tiger barbs...
Tiger Barbs - but for a different reason. That was years ago, but I found them way too aggressive even towards much bigger fish. :grr:

CAE ATE MY EXPENSIVE FISHES!!! grrrr

CAE's! They just do nothing apart from terrorise other fish and theyre just boring!

SandMan8388 said:
But I was reading an article just recentley about the top 10 worst freshwater, and marine fish to keep.
What were they? Do you recall where you saw the article?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back