Worst Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I don't like bettas, I used to, but they bore me :dunno:
Danios are annoying, they swarm food before other fish even see it :angry:

It isn't right to dislike a fish because you can't keep it alive BTW, that is entirely the owner or the LFS's fault. Firemouths always die under my care, but is still kind of like them :p esearch is a must with new fish, and crash course research is needed for impulse buys ;)

Never had any luck with guppys, and neon tetra's, love my fancy goldfish tough if you keep them properly.

CFC, you should never own Buenos Aires Tetras. they're just little Tinfoils.

My worst fish? probably the common plec, not because of my experience but those of all the people who insist on keeping them improperly.

about the oscar that died from trying to eat a puffer: all puffers secrete toxins. while marine puffers have toxic glands/slime/skin, its the actual meat of freshwater puffers that is posionous. sounds to me like the oscar got more of a bite than you thought!

boozybears said:
I had a really nasty little yellow guppy once....devil spawn he was :grr:
me too!

Mollies are evil, killed all my fish twice before I figured out it was the molly killing them!

I'm not really fond of tetras...all they really do is school. No personality compared to, say, a goldfish or a betta. I don't HATE them but if I had a choice of either a betta or a school of tetras, I would pick the betta.

Out of the Tropicals I have kept, which isn't many as I haven't been keeping them for long it would have to be Mollies. They are moody, greedy poop machines and have far too many babies. ;)

Any cory. I have killed 11 of them. They all die for no reason

Platies, because I have three that I can't get anyone to take off my hands :p

Chinese Algae Eaters have to be, without a doubt, the worst fish I have EVER kept. :X They are EVIL I tell you!!! EVIL!!! :grr:

when I had a molly (just one) it lived for ever, so I like them!

Platies are my HATED fish in the tropical fish world. They didn't do ANYTHING, but sit at the top, or bottom of the tank, and then die. I gave up on them after the first 4 I had!

neon tetra i think they are the worst because who would want so little fishes that grows less then 2 inches i personally like watching fish grow big.

netobeto said:
neon tetra i think they are the worst because who would want so little fishes that grows less then 2 inches i personally like watching fish grow big.
I think its fun to watch a shoal of a dozen little guys swin about!

And in my opinion its the common pleco, you never see the toe rag, it makes a mess of your tank with poo, and looks crap. :D

Reading through the posts, I am well aware that most of the fish that I found difficult to keep were quite innocent and suffered from my ignorance- but the CAE really did bring trouble into the tank all on its own, that wasn't my fault.

What gets me is that you'd expect that fish with their attitude would at least be stunningly handsome to make up for, but I never saw a duller fish in my life; they look just like bureaucrats in boring suits.

Come to think of it, a lot of the trouble in this world is caused by bureaucrats in boring suits, so perhaps this is appropriate....

I had an african dwarf frog that killed another frog and 7 neon tetras. And possible a pleco. I hated that frog so much. (I was cleaning out his tank one time and I forgot to put the dechlor in it and he died no one believe me that I did it by accident)

mlee0332 said:
Platies are my HATED fish in the tropical fish world. They didn't do ANYTHING, but sit at the top, or bottom of the tank, and then die. I gave up on them after the first 4 I had!
It was probably the store you got them from.

another fsih that I am not fond of is those killie fish from Petsmart. My brother has two, they are pretyy, but they ALWAYS stay in the same spot.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back