Worst Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Wow can't beleive so many of you are listing neon's - I've had mine for just over a year - a shoal of neons against a planted background still takes some beating :wub:

Most troublesome fish Ive had would be the platies - don't dislike them by any means but they are just constantly pregnant! Sooo many fry :crazy:
Had to set up another tank so I could split the sexes - still, we all live and learn aye.

A nightmare is overwintering little koi in a community tank. They will be foot long koi before the end of the winter and eat the little fish.

I have a guppy in my community who stands accused of killing danios. I don't see how he could have done anything but stress them out...Still deported from his 17 to my 75 for eating holes in the danios. No convincing the previous owner otherwise :rolleyes:

Has to be a bettas, i know they are beutiful but they wiped mp pleco out and my platties!!! :devil: :devil:

I say, the worst fish, are the sick fish from Petsmart....laNY FISH from there, really. lol...gave my whole tank internal parasites!!(Thank god only 1 casualty, everyone else is a-ok) And then had the nerve to say it was MY fault!, that my tank gave it to the fish (btw, he was first fish in that tank, and was infected )
In fish species, however ;)
Male black mollies ...I've killed 2, yet somehow my tinyiest guppy lives through it all....hmm?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I hate black skirt tetras! I had 3 given to me by my mother (good, thought, but a bad idea). I figured, "Hey, they're tetras" and added them in. Needless to say, after many months, and the addition of a female betta, the black skirts became very aggressive. They literally ate the betta alive. Turns out that black skirts are only peaceful in large groups.....

Neon tetras. They are giving me white hair! They all had ich, and one by one are dying off. They are very delicate, and delicate fish frighten me in all honesty. If and when my other two die, I am making my 10 gallon strictly guppies.

Ive had very bad experiences with panda cories, they are lovely but seem to die for no reason. I don't like bettas either, but that's just because I find them ugly and rather boring.

my vote goes to the balloon mollies they are soo greedy after i had my tank set up for about 2 months my mum just decided to buy me 2 bmollies and i thought they were kinda kwl but after about a week i noticed everytime i put the food in they would just suck it all up off the top with out any of the other fish having hardly any so when it came to feeding time i put food in let the mollies eat and then wait for about 2 mins and then catch them in my net and feed the other fish i no its not very nice but ive still got them 4 months on :D

i was thinking about giving them to the pet store but i dont like doing that i feel sorry for the fishies :(

Funny that somebody should dislike a fish because it is greedy. To me, as the mother of young children, enthusiasm about food is just about the most endearing quality any creature could possess. At last I feel appreciated!

I think it's the fact of them being greedy to the detriment of others...we inevtiably attribute human qualities to our pets so excessive greediness appears "selfish"

As a newbie, I'm glad I've read this thread. Here I was, looking forward to having tropical fishes and enjoying them. Now I'm not so sure after reading all the horror stories here ..........

Can people list their fave fish, and why - if only to give us newbies some encouragement !

:/

Nick.

If you want a fun fish with a TON of personality, get bettas! They are like candy, you can't have just one no matter WHAT kind of self control you have.

clutterydrawer said:
Ive had very bad experiences with panda cories, they are lovely but seem to die for no reason. I don't like bettas either, but that's just because I find them ugly and rather boring.
Hmm, if you are finding bettas ugly you might not be looking at the right ones. And they are usually boring when they arent given enough to do. They can be lively and curious when they are given ample swimming space, and can be a joy to watch. :nod:

As a newbie, I'm glad I've read this thread. Here I was, looking forward to having tropical fishes and enjoying them. Now I'm not so sure after reading all the horror stories here ..........

Can people list their fave fish, and why - if only to give us newbies some encouragement !

These statements are opinions, so don't think that just because someone says bettas are ugly they really are, thats just what they think (I'm just using it as an example). IMO (in my opinion) I think bettas are one of the most beautiful fish out there, with their long, silky tails and because of all the awesome colors they come in.
People just have different opinions. And remember that not all fish are the same. Say, there could be a really greedy molly that gobbles up all the food, and the other one could be really passive and wait its turn.
Another example, I said that I didn't like tetras because I found that they didn't have a whole lot of personality, but that doesn't mean that I don't think people should buy them.

Oh, and BTW, there are a few threads already where people listed their favorite fish, I'll try and find them for you.

Edit:
Found some...
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showto...=favourite+fish

neons, i had some when i was younger and i had them in a used aged ten gal and they all droped like flies,ditto on guppies my mom had a few male guppies when she was like 20 and they droped like flies too

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back