Work Has Begun On My Fish House

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sp00ky

Moved On
Reaction score
I started work this evening on taking a few walls down which need replacing. As this is the first post on this i will beging with before pics.

fishhousea-1.jpg

fishhouseb-1.jpg

And this evening i have taken down the wall at the forefront of the first pic above and also the red brick you can see at the top left of the same pic.

This is this evenings work...

S2300009.jpg

S2300010.jpg

S2300011.jpg

S2300012.jpg

S2300013.jpg

S2300014.jpg

More pics as an when more work is completed :)

Are you mad..ROFL.. New baby and a new fish house.. :lol: Or are you trying to get away from the baby..lol

nope, i have been planning this fish house for months and i was waiting to find someone cheap enough to lay the bricks. turns out Danielles dad can lay bricks !! so its gonna cost me the materials!! WINNER !

You really did choose a funny time of year to do it mate!

Will be great to see pictures in progress!

Sweet! :good: Can't wait to see the progress, I am so into these sort of things.

Many of those tanks appear to be drilled with overflows already set up, let's hear the plans for filtration & heating.

Sweet! :good: Can't wait to see the progress, I am so into these sort of things.

Many of those tanks appear to be drilled with overflows already set up, let's hear the plans for filtration & heating.

filration is going to be via sponge filters powered by a huge air pump ( i actually have 3 should i need more power LOL ) Heating is going to be every other tank to see if the ambient temp can heat the others in the house. Obviously the discus will have their own heating as they require higher temps.

Now, i intened to plumb all the tanks into a drain, which is already in situ (this can be seen on the first pic bottom right. there is a grate covering it). This will aid water changes no end. I was thinking of plumbing a pipe in on each row and passing the water through an ETH to heat it stright from the tap. Then i scrapped that idea cause i wouldnt be able to treat the tap water. However, im waiting for info from someone who has stated that he has mixed views on dechlorinator before i totally write this one off.

Looking forward to seeing the progress of the fish house Spooky,you got a time scale for the project?

And approximate cost?

Dave. :)

Looking forward to seeing the progress of the fish house Spooky,you got a time scale for the project?

And approximate cost?

Dave. :)

HOPEFULLY the shell will be up by next weekend. As you can see its kinda already half built, so theres not alot to do. It depends on the weather as well.

As for costs of material. So far a pallet of 72 concrete blocks at £53 LOL. Need to get a cost as well for sand and cement, so i will post an exact figure on Tuesday when i order it all. i want it all done (money permitting) by the end of November at the latest. Thats the building that is. As long as thats up i can take my time on the inside :)

Update on costings....

72 Concrete blocks £53.80
10 bags of sand £17.27
3 bags of cement £12.19
1 x 36x82 Solid fire door inc. casing £120.00
13 4x2 roofing timber £71.11
5 8x4 sheets of plywood £100.00

TOTAL £374.37

All the blocks arrived today and have been moved round the back of the house with the sand and cement. Danielles dad dropped off the cement mixer on Monday, so now all i need is the weekend to get here !!

WOOOOOOOOOO YEAH !

All the blocks arrived today and have been moved round the back of the house with the sand and cement. Danielles dad dropped off the cement mixer on Monday, so now all i need is the weekend to get here !!

WOOOOOOOOOO YEAH !

sounds awsome! I'd love to see pictures of the room and close ups on tanks. Are you making the fish house to be breed and sell them?

LOL! Exciting times! You understand of course that you can't move house now!! :D LOL!

I'm starting on a new project of my own at the end of november building fish racks! (like you see in LFS).. should allow me to upgrade from my current 5 tanks to about 16 tanks! (Get in!) Rough plans so far but will be approx. 4 tanks 10 Gallon, 4 tanks 15 Gallon, 4 tanks 20 Gallon and then my current 4 display tanks at 45, 50, 60, 150 Gallons! (looking forward to water bills! :crazy: )

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back