Wht do you feed your Rummy-Noses?

Socrates

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I picked up some Tetra flake food and some freeze dried blood worms.

My Rummys look very happy. They have good coloring, swim a lot, etc.

But they seem to ignore the blood worms and they seem to spit out all the flake food they try.

They actually go into hifding when I put the flakes in the tank. Do they just take tiny bites and spit out the rest? I crumble it up pretty small just to be safe.

I suppose they must be eating something, RIGHT? They've been in there 4 days.

Maybe they are picking left overs off the bottom when I'm not looking?

Is there some food out there that people have found their Rummy-Noses really like?

I was surprised to see mine eat those tetra color pellets!!they swim around holding them in their mouths like little baseballs..mine also like the tropical crisps
karen
I love those rummy nose tetras! Do you only have those 6 tetras in your 40 gallon?

bettalady said:
I was surprised to see mine eat those tetra color pellets!!they swim around holding them in their mouths like little baseballs..mine also like the tropical crisps
karen
I love those rummy nose tetras! Do you only have those 6 tetras in your 40 gallon?
funny enough mine like algae wafers....... :dunno: :rolleyes:

Often takes new fish, (4 days is new), a while to get used to the new routine. Fish can live without food for weeks in an established tank, up to a couple of weeks without any noticeable changes. All my tanks get Tetra flakes, algae wafers and frozen bloodworm. They also get vegetable food as appropriate.

I've had mine for a week now and they've been eating Omega One Freshwater Flakes. I have a school of 8 and they act like sharks in a feeding frenzy when the flakes hit the water. I use a floating food ring and after the initial feeding they'll settle down a bit. Then one of the Cardinals will go to the surface and get a bite and the entire school of Rummies will rush up in formation and attack the floating flakes. It's pretty impressive to see.

I've tried some frozen bloodworms and FD tubiflex, but neither got much attention. I've still yet to try frozen brine shrimp. I'll save that for next weekend.

Bill

Our tetras (neons) refused everything untill I gave them live brine shrimps, then they went insane.

It was like watching Jaws in miniture.

I hve noticed that rummy-noses can be very choosey fishes. Mine don't eat normal flakes at all. They still eat spirulina-flakes and, of course, worms, larvaes and other stuff like that (frozen food).

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back