Who names their fish?

Do you name all of your fish/critters in the tank?

• Yeah, I name EVERYTHING! :thumbs:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have names for some of them. :|

• Are you daft? No way! :crazy:

• Total voters
almost all of mine have names, just need to name two cories though.

We name the ones with character, and the ones that can be told apart.

see my list below for details.

Our new Dragon Puffer is called 'Smaug'

I have given names only to those with exceptional characture

:D

We tend to name some fish, it really depends. We're quite low on fish numbers now but with all our new knowledge they will hopefully be with us for many years.

Our turtle is called Hurtle (he/she is very very special :D ), our pleco is called Guiseppe and the two pangasius are called Jay and Silent Bob. Just need to think of something for the 6 corys now...

Memorable mentions from the past include our red betta called Jack and our blue crayfish called Sushi (we didn't eat him).

ok, the six betta's names are scraggle, dragon, sunset, silk, maggie and chamile.

by octo-something algae eater is named benny, and the 3 white cloud minnows i have are named "the jets" (benny and the jets!)

my albino catfish is named demon, the pleco we all call "sucker fish", the gourami is named guru, and my 2 unknowns don't have names....

I name all my fish, usually a name just springs to mind, but sometimes it takes a few days. I have oscar, the dude, janitor, jack, dassian, atom, ariel. Over the years I have named all my fish and have photos of them all I think. I love them dearly and get very attatched. I like that I can talk about them and have my mates know who I mean. (they all have ot learn their names too). They arent just my fish - they are my pets. :D

this post comes up every so often, but it's still fun to hear some of the creative names.

i name my cories after blues musicians because nothing says "blues" like catfish and hound dogs. the peppers are Muddy and BB (the little one), and the albino is Stevie Ray since he's white.

all the bettas have names: Blue, King (the crowntail), and Ming. the bettas are all such characters, so they deserve names

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back