Where Do You Buy Your Plants For Your Fish Tank

where do you buy your plants for your fish tank

  • pets at home

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • your local pet shop

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • petco

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

gremlin

Fish Crazy
Joined
Feb 28, 2009
Messages
291
Reaction score
0
Points
0
we buy our plants from our local pet shop every where else has not got a very big range of plants
 
I prefer if buying live plants to get them of members on here .
Otherwise its silk plants from the Range. Cheap as chips!
 
used to buy from plants alive and aqua essentials, now however i will have to use the green machine due to ae not selling plants.
 
i hope you dont think i am being rude but what is other
 
I get mine 2 ways.

1: I pick them up from the top of the water when out checking. Lots of native grass and cabomba plants
2: Order them online from aquatic nurseries.
 
I get mine at a few places.

First is at fish club auctions where the available plants are very robust and are often less common than at the LFS.

Mom and pop fish stores, not the chancy, overpriced plants that are sold by chain stores. It helps me avoid the non-aquatic plants.

Rarely I get some on line.
 
Almost always online, whether it is from an online store or from members on forums such as TFF

Some sites:
[URL="http://www.plantsalive.co.uk/"]http://www.plantsalive.co.uk/[/URL]
[URL="http://www.java-plants.com/"]http://www.java-plants.com/[/URL]
[URL="http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/"]http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/[/URL]

Although aqua essentials aren't doing the huge range they used to. I'm hoping they'll be restocking soon.


Nope, AE no longer stock live plants. :sad:
 
I use a great online shop you can get 50 plants for about £9 including postage.
 
I get some from. My local shop and petsmart. I also buy most of my plants from www.thatpetplace.com
 
I've bought most of my fish online. I don't seem to be many in the lfs these days, and when there is they tend to be expensive. I've also bought some of them at fish club auctions and from members on TFF. :D
 

Most reactions

Back
Top