What's The Most You Ever Spent On One Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hmmm got to be the discus...

no wait.......

£150 x 2 for a pair of Reticulatus Stingrays...

Spent £70 on a beautiful discus (spent between £40 and £70 on 11 discus, most of them £50 or more) and lost them all to a bizarre internal fungal infection that was fast spreading, contagious amongst only the discus and didnt affect other fish. Lethal within 24 hours of the fish getting it.

hmmm

£50 on a huge Royal Panaque (haha was worth twice that but the person selling it out of a sump didnt realise it was just a nice gibbiceps lol)

£60 on a trio of Altum Angels :wub:

So far the most I have spent on one fish is £2.50! I bought my eight Black Phantom Tetras for £20. I have spent more than that on one plant though, I paid £4.95 for one tiny plant and I do not know why, I dont even know what breed it is!!

i think the more you get into this hobby the more it goes up

My highest on a single fish is £35 for my LDA033.

Most of my others were babies when got them, so I got good deals. I have spent a lot on buying shoals of fish though lol.

The most I've paid for a single fish is £17 on an L052, but I spent £50 on my six Adolfoi cories :crazy:

And yes, it does worry me! I try to care for all my fish equally, but the expensive ones do give you a bit more trauma, it's true!

I'm terrified to keep marine like my dad because of the high costs. A white spot outbreak took 8 fish in 10 days, including an Emperor Angel, Majestic Angel and Queen Angel, roughly £120 each.. :eek:

I spend far too much on fish especially now Im a pauper

I once spent £89 on an L25 plec, £80 on a large fire eel

and liking plecs and oddballs often ends up with too much being spent

I spent 90£ on a three inch discus. what can i say i fell in love. And i donot think that there is a limit as to how much i would pay. i one day plan to breed black and white stingrays which retail for 1500£.

one of my bettas and two of my cories cost £16.50 each but I'm terrible with limiting my self, if I want somethign and have the money I buy it so I have no clue what the highest would be for a fish I really wanted... potentially catatrophic to my bank account ;p

£30-40 ( can't remember )

On a true parrot fish

most I spent in one go was £60 for a group of 4 Synodontis Lucipinnis catfish. Not cheap but they're really cute and great fun to watch.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back