What's The Biggest Fish You've Kept?

Currently the biggest is one of the kuhlis at around 4" and as thick as a pencil B) Up until a few weeks ago, it was Delhezi at around the same length but much thicker, but soon it will probably be a 7" striped peacock eel. The one with the potential to grow biggest will probably be either one of the bichirs I'm getting (possibly p.palmas palmas) or the para.... thingy guttatus, (which again, comes in a few weeks) which should get to around 10".
 
A fancy goldifsh.
 
I have a 18" fire eel, that is probable my longest fish. My biggest fish that isn't DEAD SKINEY would have to be my male mozambican mouth brooder that is about 12". I am hoping to get a turtle though and they get pretty big.
 
Currently my largest fish is Walter - Male G. brasiliensis - at about 9.5" SL but in the past I've owned a 32" fire eel & a similarly sized Synbranchus (not in the same tank!)

I don't believe in owning any fish I can't accomodate at full size.
 
Biggest I have: 7" Gold sev
Potential largest
2 Sevs: Max 12"
2 Uarus: Max 12"

I'll get to the over-a-foot barrier some day :P
 
my red tiger oscar, he's only a baby at the moment though only about 8" ...... my best mate's scared of him already though, she doesn't believe me when I say how big he's going to get! :rolleyes:
 
I think it was a kissing gourami when I was young. Don't think I will see myself upping that now- my interests seem to veer more towards the smallest types of fish. A nano freshwater- that's my dream!

Atm the biggest is my female cory, who is about 3 inches. If I do get a pair of bristlenoses, that will probably be as big as I ever go.
 
If anyone goes to holly bush in the west midlands of the uk, keep an eye out for the hhuuggeee catfish at the back of the aquaria department. that used to be my dads before it got too big and he donated it. they have yet to sell it years later! i belive its about 3ft long now, although its been 9 months since i saw it.

I feel sorry for the guy actually because the tank they have him in really isnt big enough. he jus lays there doing nothing
 
my 17 inch marbled walking cat who is a fat lazy bugger who has wrecked the tank to make it his!!! I do actually like him but regret getting him all those months ago
 
I had 2 x 28" silver arowanas who were sold to a chap on the Isle of White, it took some time to find suitable transport boxes for them!
30" driftwood catfish, 26" tiger shovelnose and a 24" Zungaro Zungaro all have been and gone from my tanks

Currently there is a 22" Red Tail Gold Aro, an 18" giraffe cat and some 12-15" fire and tyretrack eels

Also a 19" disc Leopoldi stingray

Steve :)
 
there's be alot of reviving of old topics these days, a new trend? anyway the biggest i had was an 8" flowerhorn before i gave it away. currently challenging this record are my fire eels which are reaching 7" soon
 
In the past i tend to keep smaller fish but the largest is a 5 inch cichlid. I dont know the common name for the species.
 
15' sailfin pleco and two stunted adult pangasius's at around 12-14"
EDIT:And two 14"+ golden awf in the pond.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top