What's The Biggest Fish You've Kept?

ive heard of an arapaima, it was on this fishing show i used to watch, they grow massive, ive they hit you in the head with their head or tail they can break your jaw :X

biggest fish ive kept is a 7"pleco which i still have, but i do have a 9" goldfish in my pond :D
 
I kept a largemouth bass (Micropterus Salmoides) for 6 years. I was about 18 inches long before I let it go. It ate like a savage. Illegal as hell where I live, but I did it anyway :good:
 
As in the size we had them at - or the potential size they could have reached ?
 
Well, the biggest I currently have is a keyhole cichlid, however I have some young angels and young firemouths which will all get a bit bigger than the keyhole.
 
betta/frogs/dwarf gourami. and looking for bigger to buy...
 
I have a sailfin pim (Leiarius pictus) that is over 2 feet long and weighs around 5lbs and a 20" jardini arowana, the average adult size of any of my fish is over 12 inches

In my collection have quite a few potential heavyweights growing up, silver arowana, peacock bass (3), royal knife fish, african tiger fish and a irredesent shark that i am fostering for someone.
 
ahhh CFC i new u wud pop up in this post! :lol: wat size tank do u have for that monster!
 
The pim is in a 200 gallon tank for now and will be upgrading to a 450 gallon in the latter part of this year, the jardini is in a 180g and will be moved into the 200g when the 450g is built.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top