What's In A Name?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Glad you cleared that up, I wondered what drobbyb meant, thought it was some sort of slang....:blush:

Thanks to everyone for such a great response and brightening what seemed like the longest work day ever!
There are some fantastic names and great reasons behind them, mine feels a little dull now. :crazy:
Keep 'em coming! :good:

ha! you think yours seems dull....

My wife has called me Old man since I was about 30 because I tend to be a bit sober instead of being giddy. Oldman was taken so I added my birth year.

Family call me this, even the kids :rolleyes: My surname plus a y. Also in Ebay plus a 0 (zero)

I like your username 3ndl3r, it's different.
Oldman, nothing wrong with being sober instead of giddy, trust me....
Doresy, where you been, I've wanted to know where yours came from for ages!

FatHeadMinnow is actually the first kind of fish I had.

I actually used these types of fish (Fathead Minnows) for ice fishing, but decided instead of buying a new batch of them every time I go fishing, I would just keep them in a little tote at my house, and when I wanted to go fishing, I would just grab a few.

Well, I started to really like keeping these fish, so I started to buy stuff like an aerator, and a tiny little filter.

I had no idea about the Nitrogen cycle at all, this was in December, about 4 months ago!

Well, one thing lead to another, and I eventually bought a 10 gallon tank, some substrate, decor and an Aquaclear 20 filter.

I could not figure out why my water was cloudy, as I though the filter would take care of it right away...stupid me...bacterial bloom...lol.

So, in a desperate need of help, I went on line to Google, typed in fish forums, and this one was the first one that came up.

I clicked on it, and immediately registered, and with little time to spare, I just typed in fatheadminnow for my username.

That is how I got my name!

-FHM

I actually used these types of fish (Fathead Minnows) for ice fishing, but decided instead of buying a new batch of them every time I go fishing, I would just keep them in a little tote at my house, and when I wanted to go fishing, I would just grab a few.

Well, I started to really like keeping these fish, so I started to buy stuff like an aerator, and a tiny little filter.

I had no idea about the Nitrogen cycle at all, this was in December, about 4 months ago!

Well, one thing lead to another, and I eventually bought a 10 gallon tank, some substrate, decor and an Aquaclear 20 filter.

I could not figure out why my water was cloudy, as I though the filter would take care of it right away...stupid me...bacterial bloom...lol.

So, in a desperate need of help, I went on line to Google, typed in fish forums, and this one was the first one that came up.

I clicked on it, and immediately registered, and with little time to spare, I just typed in fatheadminnow for my username.

-FHM
:lol: So from keeping little Minnows for fishing, you have now become an addict!

-FHM
:lol: So from keeping little Minnows for fishing, you have now become an addict!
Yup, you got that right!

I have only been in the hobby for like 4-5 months too!

I never knew anything about cycling, I didn't even know that fish produced ammonia! lol

And, I though that keeping 100+ minnows in a 10 gallon tank was not a bad thing....? :crazy: :blink: It did look cool though... :lol:

I learned so much form this site!

So, with that said, I would like to say Thank You to all the members/mods/admins out there that has made this hobby possible and successful for me!

Thank You!
-FHM

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back