What Was Your Most Expensive Fish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

about £40 for a royal plec.

our saltwater fish are probably most expensive for small fish, don't get anything under a tenner and anything decent sized is gonna set you back £30 at least

are SW tanks expensive to run e.g feed etc?

not massivley so, there's a big outlay in set up and livestock is much more expensive than FW.

But in terms of day to day running of the tank the only real additional cost is salt which you don't need that much of, on an avergae 30g tank a £10 box of salt will last 2/3 months. Food is slightly more expensive but not massivley. it uses more electricity so your household bills can be a little higher.

o right i think i'll stick with FW :good: :lol:

it's not a cheap hobby but it's very rewarding, if i had to choose and could only keep 1 tank, it'd be the marine tank without question

suppose they do look very nice espeially with the waves :drool:

waves????
Waves are somewhat rare in Marine tanks, though you can make them with a wavebox. If you want you can put one on FW (I hooked my wavebox up on my 3 foot FW tank to see how it works) though it does create a slightly unnatural environment for the fish.

weve just added a hydor flow nozzle to one of our powerheads, and that works a treat we get the nice rpple effect through the corals as it passes over and it spreads the flow around the tank

8.99 for a betta :)
luckily the fish i like dont cost much (guppies :wub: )

$100.00 plus shipping for a pair of betta albimarginata. My hopes were for them to breed, but they had other ideas. (maybe they just liked each other as friends :lol: ) Sadly he died 6 months later and now Mrs. Albi is swinging solo in the 10 gallon w/ Princess (female betta) and 4 cories.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back