What type of fish do I have here?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

2step

Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out what type of fish that I have for the last 2 years. I have asked several different pet stores and fish supply companies and nobody seems to know. We thought it was a Uaru but I've been searching and he doesn't look like any that I've seen on the internet. I think he's a hybrid of severum and something else. Please help me!

Attachments

• IMG_20220315_191802563.jpg
    IMG_20220315_191802563.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 831
Looks like it has the body of a discus (kinda) but the hump of a flower horn... Ive never seen any fish like this... Maybe @Byron knows?

Those lips tho... Their HUGE

I searched Google for god knows how many hours and nothing.
I laugh cause I know how it feels... I research for hours on something and get no where... Maybe its a mutt fish... With a bunch of species in it... Or its something that another member knows about

I'm
I laugh cause I know how it feels... I research for hours on something and get no where... Maybe its a mutt fish... With a bunch of species in it... Or its something that another member knows about
Screenshot_20220315-123729.png

Where did you get it? How big was it when you got it and how big is it now?
This is the closest I got . Thinking this is half of it . Got it at about an inch. Now it's gotta be around 6 or 7

I'm

View attachment 156475

This is the closest I got . Thinking this is half of it . Got it at about an inch. Now it's gotta be around 6 or 7
The top picture looks more like what you have... The bottom one could be like a female version of the fish? But even though they look like your fish, I still think it COULD be something different... But it looks to be a fairly good match!

It is a green Severum. Severums change color often, and they can turn ‘dark green’ (black) when stressed or when showing off to other fish. I would guess you have a dominant one, and is showing off to everything in the tank (even if it isnt alive). When did you get it?

It could be some kind of deformity with its face or head.(just my guess)
Some fish will develop a big head when they reach adulthood.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back