Neoheterandria elegans ( Tiger Teddy ) any one play???

Magnum Man36 150

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Joined
Jun 21, 2023
Messages
7,650
Reaction score
6,912
Points
113
Location
Southern MN
I’ve had one breeding pair in a tank for several years, and had hoped to purchase a started colony of them… my colony consists of the pair, and several babies they have had over the years… ( not a very big gene pool ) in the mean time, I’ve not seen them available from the sellers I normally use, or in stock from a search on the web… quite an interesting fish, as I believe they are the smallest live bearer, and possibly one of the smallest fish of all… with them maturing as small as a cm, they are litterally lost in a 10 gallon… since most listings list them as bred in Europe, I’m wondering if they are still available anywhere, or are lost to the hobby???

IMG_0184.webp


my 10 gallon is a hard water tank full of plants, with their tiny size, it’s near impossible to get a count, but they are numerous enough I can nearly always see one or two, without too long of a search… I add a small scoop of fry food occasionally, but the babies seem to be able to fend for themselves, I assume grazing on biofilm, and the sponge filter…
 
Last edited:
Aquarium Glaser has them so you might get a LFS to order them for you. These guys out of NC say they're restocking soon- could be just a standard message, could be real. You can contact them. This seller on Ebay might have some- had 4 left when his auction ended in September. Here's another seller on Ebay who sold some recently. This guy has them. I think he lives in Minnesota- might contact him to see if he'll sell you some. More drastic, but I bet if you join the American Livebearer's Association, someone has them.

That note at the bottom of this about Ebay did not come from me, btw.
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back
Top