What To Stock For My 10 Gal

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

tmoney7

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Okay so i got another 10 gal going but it is only in its 2nd day of cycling so i have a ways to go before i actually can put anything in it, but i was trying to decide on what i want to put in it.  I personally love the small schooling fish but you don't have very many options for a 10 gal there :p.  So what my thoughts were either get a betta and have him live in there with maybe some nerites if the algae got really bad like in my other 10 gal, get some more pygmy corys 
happy.png
. Or perhaps get some guppys just because i love the challenge and work of breeding fish and i have heard they are pretty easy but like i said also am a fan of small fish.  

Any one have any thoughts or suggestions!!

Matthewh said:
Rummy nose tetras school really nicely
smile.png
Agreed there, and very beautiful, but I believe they need a bigger tank than this :)

Don't get rummy nose, need a four foot tank as they're really active. Plenty of micro rasboras to choose from! And ottos if you want some algae eating fish

Yeah how many guppy's do you guys think i could have in the tank

I'd only put about 5 guppies in there. You might be able to have more but that would be the maximum I would personally have.

If you want to breed them, remember to have a female to male ratio of 2:1.

yeah i agree with BLF although one might ask what filtration are you running.

How about shell dwellers? They are a bit challenging, But worth the challenge

Dunno if you like Endlers? They're smaller so you could have decent shoal of those.

DerpPH said:
How about shell dwellers? They are a bit challenging, But worth the challenge

Not in a 10gallon, IMO. 15-20 at the absolute minimum.

Personally I would do either guppies or endlers or a mix of both. They are very colorful and interesting to watch! As mentioned before, 2 females to 1male. If you decide to mix, keep in mind that they can and will interbreed

Yeah i would be curious to try endlers just because they are a smaller breed and i will be able to have more in there but i will have to see if they have them at my LFS.

ncguppy830 said:
I am running an aquaclear 20 with sponge, carbon, and bio-max filters in it.

tmoney7 said:
Yeah i would be curious to try endlers just because they are a smaller breed and i will be able to have more in there but i will have to see if they have them at my LFS.

I am running an aquaclear 20 with sponge, carbon, and bio-max filters in it.
hmm seing you as in the US they probaly wont have PURE endlers so you might have to ask them to order some.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back