What To Feed Chinese Algae Eater?

Sowilu

New Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2006
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Robersonville, NC
What do I feed this fish? I give them algae wafers but they don't seem to go near it and if they do they don't eat it? What should I feed them?
 
They will eat Algae wafers and also other food tablets. If you've only just added them to the tank then they may not be eating because their getting used to their new tank.

They will also happily eat flake food that drops to bottom of the tank. Also, they will normally be OK just eating the Algae off the side of the tank (even, though it may get to a stage that you might not see it).

Hope this helps...

WELCOME TO THE FORUM BY THE WAY!
 
Thanks
No, they are not new to the tank but I was just wonderring b/c I read that they will eat the slime off of other fish but mine seem to stick to the glass and I think they eat my two live plants they have. How often should I feed them the wafers?
 
You could try dropping in a courgette slice or even cucumber (but weigh it down or it will just float up again).
 
Veg and high protein based foods are the best, they will go off eating fresh algae as they grow- you should not keep more than one in a tank though as they get very terotorial with each other as they mature and will most likely kill each other given time.
If the algae wafers are not working, try some fresh prawns, cucumber, krill, catfish pelets, peas, tomato, slices of tropical fish meat or other high protein or veg based chunky foods which dont contain high citric acid, fat or sugar content :thumbs: . They should take algae wafers though given a little time, are the plants growing well though? They will often much on plants that aern't growing too well or have fresh algae on them.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top