What to do with bloated male guppy

Can i have a link to your new thread please?
Ive been following this thread as ive had this problem with a guppy and failed to save him, so im curious on how to treat it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry!! I totally messed up creating a new thread! Maybe a moderator can put that into this one since I'm a moron. I wasn't sure if since we were now discussing medications it should be in a new thread (I have a habit of rambling on in a thread and getting way off topic.

I don't know how to link you but it's in "new to hobby" and it's titled "help with medication.

I will tell you this...as of this morning he's pooping a lot and it's colored!! He's eating and back to normal!!

I'm still unsure if I should treat though.

What's happening with your guppy?
cf58140b4e1f19662d65e610afeda9e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry!! I totally messed up creating a new thread! Maybe a moderator can put that into this one since I'm a moron. I wasn't sure if since we were now discussing medications it should be in a new thread (I have a habit of rambling on in a thread and getting way off topic.

I don't know how to link you but it's in "new to hobby" and it's titled "help with medication.

I will tell you this...as of this morning he's pooping a lot and it's colored!! He's eating and back to normal!!

I'm still unsure if I should treat though.

What's happening with your guppy?
cf58140b4e1f19662d65e610afeda9e6.jpg

He looks slimmer.
I lost my guppy because of this. I tried treating with internal parasites vut i was too late the damage was done. But i never got to the bottom of what the actual problem was. Its all part of learning and im interested in your story.

He looks slimmer.
I lost my guppy because of this. I tried treating with internal parasites vut i was too late the damage was done. But i never got to the bottom of what the actual problem was. Its all part of learning and im interested in your story.

Aww, sorry about your guppy. I've been hesitant to treat with medication because I'm not positive it's parasites as he got better!? And I don't want to put stress on the entire tank needlessly. I suppose I'll just keep an eye on things very closely.
I've read that a blockage can cause white poo!? I'm confused but hopeful

If he keeps poohing white then it will be internal parasites and you will have to treat the whole tank.
But im no expert and am still learning myself.

If he keeps poohing white then it will be internal parasites and you will have to treat the whole tank.
But im no expert and am still learning myself.

Today the poo was colored! Nothing at all came out for 4 full days then yesterday I started seeing stringy white poop.
This morning pooping a lot and it had color!

Maybe he was just clogged up. Maybe feed a little less. Ive heard guppies are greedy and will eat until they pop. Lol

Maybe he was just clogged up. Maybe feed a little less. Ive heard guppies are greedy and will eat until they pop. Lol

Well that's my big issue with my crew...I'm always trying to get food to my otocinclus ottocats which are tricky to feed because my endlers and this guppy are such gluttonous piggies. I distract the others with a piece of algae wafer and then give my ottos a zucccini slice but the endlers and guppy will head over to that after their wafer is gone.

That's how we ended up here.

Well that's my big issue with my crew...I'm always trying to get food to my otocinclus ottocats which are tricky to feed because my endlers and this guppy are such gluttonous piggies. I distract the others with a piece of algae wafer and then give my ottos a zucccini slice but the endlers and guppy will head over to that after their wafer is gone.

That's how we ended up here.

I struggle with that sometimes. Guppies a greddy little swines arent they?lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back