What The Hell Is This?

I don't remember where I've seen this before, but I'm fairly sure it was described as feeding on snails.

EDIT:

Found the page. http://www.shrimp-diseases-online.com/snailleech.htm

Interesting, great find!

After seeing that I believe what we have here is Glossiphonia heteroclita. If that's the case, it's native and harmless to fish.
I looked at it earlier in a book as the drawing appeared very similar, but when I googled the name most of the photo results looked different.

I'll be able to tell when I see it up close :).
 
Ah, its definately a snail leech. Maybe i should keep it in my tank.. ive got tons of snails.. If you still want it three i can bag it up. Pics uploading.
 
it says flubenalol is fine with shrimp but i was on the understanding it can kill invertrabates such as shrimp????????
 
Ah, its definately a snail leech. Maybe i should keep it in my tank.. ive got tons of snails.. If you still want it three i can bag it up. Pics uploading.
You can keep it to deal with your snails if you want :), I'm fairly certain it's Glossiphonia heteroclita from the pics you put up.
I'm quite fond of my snails (though I may try out an assassin snail), so I would be releasing it into my pond in the spring.

It's either that or a colour form of Glossiphonia concolor. A closeup of the eyes would confirm, and a pic next to a ruler for scale.
But for practical purposes, theres not much difference.
 
ewwww that thing is grose - sorry but it's giving me the creeps
 
lmao it cant get my babies i wont let it i got over 600 babies spread between the 5 tanks lol and 4 more clutches to hatch - seperating males and female adults later this week so no more babies for a while
 
Iv just a black thing that's flat but moves the same and its the same size?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top