What Temp Do You Run Your Tank At?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

What temp do you run your saltwater tank at?

• Total voters

seffieuk

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure!
Reaction score
What temp do you run your tank at and why?

Seffie x

I did as Truck said set this up for the marine section, but its really interesting hearing about the freshwater water tanks as well, so I have added a couple of extra temps :good:

Generally around 26, but gets up to 27 sometimes. Seems like the best temperature for most things I have in there.

Hi...I edited this poll a bit to add Fahrenheit (lol). I run my tank at Caribbean temps, 82-83 degrees (27.8-28.3C) F

Surely there must be someone else besides me hanging out on the chilly side of things... :unsure:

My reasons for running cool: primarily gastropod (both fw and sw) and hermit crab life span.
Pros: lots of interesting cooler-water fauna to keep, including native fauna for higher latitudes.
Cons: no reefs and a royal pain in the you-know-what to keep down to 24C/75F in the summer with broken AC.

im running my atc 800 at 25 degrees in the winter side 6 months. but will be soon changing the temp up to 26 degrees.

mainly to help with keeping the temperature stable during the warmer months but will also give them abit of a summer.

Around 25 - 26 dependant on time of day ATC is set for 25 and cooling set to turn on at 26 that does remind me I must buy a couple of Azoo fans at some stage

my tank heater is at the lowest setting and its reading 29!! This is going to be too much for my marine set up isn;t it?

I;ve got spares in loft I shall have to hunt them out, will my live rock be damaged by the higher temp

It will be fine Simon - turn your lights off, that will help and you can also aim a fan over the surface water

Seffie x

cheers Seffie!!!

28.5 I read that it can help to reduce white spot as the parasites life cycle is sped up?...I hope!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back