What Should I Do?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Disclaimer.. I am not an expert on cichlids. Do your due diligence. ;)

Need honest opinions. Don’t laugh. I cleaned my 55G tank so I could take pics to put on
I can’t decide. Part of me says no, no, no and the other half says what’s one more. Help, please.

Look, you know you want a proper fish room so just do it.

Keep the tank. Put it on a double or triple tier stand in the fish room with the other tanks.

Get a decent length of hose and hook the gravel cleaner up to that. Gravel clean the tanks and drain the water out onto the lawn/ garden.

Have a couple of big empty tanks on a double or triple tier stand and fill them with tapwater and add dechlorinator. Use them to fill the tanks after you do the water change and gravel clean. If you have triple tier stands, you can have the water holding tanks on the top shelf and 2 display tanks under it. Then just use gravity to drain the water from the top into the tanks below.

Stop mucking around and do it properly. 200 tanks, heat the room they are in. Use a 2 litre plastic drink bottle and garden hose to do water changes. Fill the holding tanks up from the garden hose. Come on woman, stop mucking about and do it. :)

Look, you know you want a proper fish room so just do it.

Keep the tank. Put it on a double or triple tier stand in the fish room with the other tanks.

Get a decent length of hose and hook the gravel cleaner up to that. Gravel clean the tanks and drain the water out onto the lawn/ garden.

Have a couple of big empty tanks on a double or triple tier stand and fill them with tapwater and add dechlorinator. Use them to fill the tanks after you do the water change and gravel clean. If you have triple tier stands, you can have the water holding tanks on the top shelf and 2 display tanks under it. Then just use gravity to drain the water from the top into the tanks below.

Stop mucking around and do it properly. 200 tanks, heat the room they are in. Use a 2 litre plastic drink bottle and garden hose to do water changes. Fill the holding tanks up from the garden hose. Come on woman, stop mucking about and do it. :)
@ Colin_T. Well, OK! :). I’m thinking about a cichlid tank, specifically a Mbundu group. Yellow Labs, Zebra, ???. Suggestions?

@ Colin_T. Well, OK! :). I’m thinking about a cichlid tank, specifically a Mbundu group. Yellow Labs, Zebra, ???. Suggestions?
Good choice, im looking into a Cichlid tank at the moment. Cichlids are beautiful :wub: so colourful

Ive been told tho mbuna's arent the best Cichlids to start with.

Good choice, im looking into a Cichlid tank at the moment. Cichlids are beautiful :wub: so colourful

Ive been told tho mbuna's arent the best Cichlids to start with.
Really? The video I watched said they were the best. Which are you looking at?

Really? The video I watched said they were the best. Which are you looking at?
Yeah due to their aggression compared to other more peaceful Cichlids. Colin advised me this and as you know he knows his stuff.

Im looking at African Cichlids...these are a few i like with the Red cap being my favourite

Aulonocara Jacobfreibergi "lemon Jake"
*Aulonocara Stuartgranti "Blue Neon"
*Aulonocara Stuartgranti "flavescent Peacock"
*Placidochromis Lalo Reef
*Lethrinops Red cap
*Labidochromis Caerulevs (yellow lab)
*Pseudotropheus Acei

Yeah due to their aggression compared to other more peaceful Cichlids. Colin advised me this and as you know he knows his stuff.

Im looking at African Cichlids...these are a few i like with the Red cap being my favourite

Aulonocara Jacobfreibergi "lemon Jake"
*Aulonocara Stuartgranti "Blue Neon"
*Aulonocara Stuartgranti "flavescent Peacock"
*Placidochromis Lalo Reef
*Lethrinops Red cap
*Labidochromis Caerulevs (yellow lab)
*Pseudotropheus Acei
I believe some of those actually are Mbundu’s...the yellow lab and the Acei. I have quite a few of those on my list too? @Colin_T. Can you tell us if any of these are Mbundu and if Mbundu are safe for beginners? They all come from the same lake.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back