What Should I Do?

Gourami’s huh? I don’t know anything about them. Aren’t angel fish part of the Gourami family? I guess I need to look into what could go in it before deciding what to do and see if anything interests me.

Other suggestions??! My PH is 7.5. I’ll have to check KH/Gh but last check it was KH5/GH 9.

Last edited:
Loaches, cories, female betta sorority, I can think of more soon

Or a cichlid tank. Or maybe the species only neon tetra tank you said you always wanted :fish: :dunno:

Hmmm. Could be interesting. Angel Fish are part of Cichlid family, not Gourami’s. I think.

I know. Teach your husband how to do tank maintenance and let him stock and take care of it. ;) An African ciclid tank with a colorful assortment would look great. Just up the ph by adding shells and mabe crushed cors added to the filter. Just add caves and lots of rocks. No planting would be necessary as cichlid uproot plants. Look for ones that get no larger than 6 inches.
African cichlids

Last edited:
I know. Teach your husband how to do tank maintenance and let him stock and take care of it. ;)
That's a good idea! @Deanasue do you think he would be interested in having a tank of his own?

I know. Teach your husband how to do tank maintenance and let him stock and take care of it. ;) A ciclid tank with a colorful assortment would look great. Just up the ph by adding shells. Just add caves and lots of rocks. No planting would be necessary as cichlid uproot plants.
How high does the PH need to be? Will the shells keep it higher? Just leave them in there? What type of shells?

Liveaquaria shows requirements. Ph around 7.8-8.6. Lots of african cichlids on the site. I think your husband would like them as they are colorful and very active. Dont get one that grow over 6 inches. Dont confuse Africans with south americans .. they have different requirements.
Heres one on LA

Most reactions

trending

Back