What kind of plant is this?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

LimpingFish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Plant.jpg

Whoever brought me this piece, told me that it was ABOVE the water..
Anyone knows what kind of plant is this?

tnx

Goodie =)

It looked so familiar because I have the same plant in my tank, submerged form, of course.

vihree.jpg

It grows like crazy =)

That picture of yours made me want to see if mine will grow like that too. So much for well trimmed planted tank. It's gonna be a jungle with all the plants I will let grow as they like without pruning (I just love to see them flower). :rolleyes:

If you'll let it grow, you won't see any fish o.o;;

I wonder if my piece will grow crazy like yours, even though its a cut off from the emerged part..

I was just ranting about fish getting in the way when I tried to get good pictures of my plants. I was almost ready to sell them all. :rolleyes:

It will propably do just fine, it seems to be quite hardy species. Of course it'll take some time before it starts to grow again.

This is how it looks like today -
Myriophyllum.jpg

I wonder why it is kind of yellowish ;x

Anyway, anyone identify this plant? Maybe some kind of ludwigia?
rain? :shifty:

ludwigia.jpg

Looks like your plants are doing great, both rain and limping. What do you guys do to prevent lower leaves from falling off? I have a big problem, most of my stemed plants leaves look great at the top but the lower leaves just keep turning yellow and decaying. Not enough light? I have 3 watts/gallon, I'm going nuts!

I actually have the same problem, konrad.. I have about 2.5 WPG :\

Yeah, it's some sort of Ludwigia. There are so many variations that I don't certainly know what that one is. You might get lucky if you search pictures of Ludwigia using Google.

Yellowish plants. It does sound like too little light, but the balance could be off. You know, plants need certain amount of nutrients, CO2 and light. If you have lots of light, but not much nurtients or CO2, the plants can't use the extra light. And so on.

Water parametres, what fertilisers do you use and how often, CO2? What type of light? How many hours/day? Do you have any algae problems? And how many watts is that per litre? I'm kinda bad with gallons :blink:

Rain, the plants are actually doing better now. I purchased this thing called "Flourish Excel by Seachem" and I've been adding a little bit everyday. I also add a little bit of general fertilizer along with it. So far the results are really good, everything is sprouting new leaves, including plants that require "high light" (lobella for ex) so I guess it was an inbalance. I wanted to ask you how your pictures make the plants look so natural? Is it the bulbs you use or do you just have a good camera? Thanks.

I have 66 watts, and about 105 litres.. So it's about 0.6 watts per litre..
I guess this problem is caused because of the lack of CO2 :X
I'll buy somthing soon, hope it'll be okay..

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back