What Is This Piece Of Equipment?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

To help, shall we list the main things we do in the hobby, it may help use to think of something that could be used a lot...

Waterchange
feed
clean gravel
change filter media <------------ could be summat to with this

this reminds me of something from my old job, where i worked in a greenhouse, perhaps he puts some of that stuff that potted plants are in (the fibreglass stuff) like a big square that fits in it, then he puts the pokey side on and the holes that are made are used to put small plants into so they can grow into the fibreglass stuff.

comprende?

this reminds me of something from my old job, where i worked in a greenhouse, perhaps he puts some of that stuff that potted plants are in (the fibreglass stuff) like a big square that fits in it, then he puts the pokey side on and the holes that are made are used to put small plants into so they can grow into the fibreglass stuff.

comprende?

I think that I get the jist of what you are saying. Basically you are saying that he could use it to put "indentions" in the wool, so that he can pot the plants eaiser, correct? I'm going to go post that and see if it is correct because that makes a lot of sence.

yeah, thats what i was getting at, its hard for me to explain things lol, but im glad you understood it.

Well, what was it then????? :rolleyes:

He hasn't told us yet. We will know on the 13th. I don't think that anyone will guess it, and I think that we have gotten the closest, so I am expecting the pound of cichlid food!

Well, good luck. Can you still give more guesses? Someone might come up with another idea before the next meeting.

I can guess as much as I want. If you guys think you know what it is, the please do post it.

Its the 13th..... what the hell is it lol?????? im sure everyone is dying to know haha :hyper:

Haha. I will know late tonight. The meeting isn't untill 7 PM. I should have it posted by the end of the night.

Interesting topic, nice wacky and/or clever ideas so far...

I am thinking it has to be used to perforate something that is clean and dry, because the wood is unstained and he must have used it before...surely

So based on this maybe the thing the device perforates, whatever material it might be, is used for one of these functions:

1) Uniformly planting something into the substrate so a nice plant carpet is achieved once grown a little? Is he into planted tanks?
2) Stopping a gravel substrate or similar from mixing with another substrate beneath it?
3) To create a plastic bottle based live food feeder, placed on the surface of the water in the tank?

Could anyone take these ideas further based on past experiences? I am new to the hobby so am only guessing with not much clue, I don't have a planted tank and I haven't feed live wriggling food to my fish yet :)

Hope that helps

Edit: the fact that one of the main boards is longer than the other suggests to me that whatever goes into this thing is on a roll maybe, or at least quite long. So could this be how it is used:
1) One end of the "material" gets put in over the board with the holes and side pieces are pierced into it to hold it in place
2) It is perforated by placing the second board on top (as described in the pics before) and pushing down on it
3) The top board is removed to pull the nails out the same way they went in, but the "material" is still held in place by the side pieces
4) Side pieces are removed and the "material" is moved along and the process is repeated

That's it, no more ideas...this is a great brain teaser!

Do you put the hand of fish abusers in it? A short sharp wallop with a hammer and they'd be in no position to set up a 1 gallon bowl for a goldfish again ...

algae filter of some sort
water runs through and the algae sticks to a material stuck to the spikes

Most reactions

trending

Back