What Is This Piece Of Equipment?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Whatever it is it's not made of materials to be submerged in water or used with materials that would cause prolonged moisture contact. Since the way "bottom" is written on both board would it make more sense that the contraption is made to stand up, not lay flat like pictured?

I agree with that. NUt that contridicts all of our ideas...

I still think you are on the right track about something to do with food. I'm thinking some type of meal that would have just enough moisture to hold it togther. Press it together to form then turn on edge to dry or maybe freeze. The only thing that's bothering me about that guess it that the boards aren't the same size. Why would one need to be longer?

I think it's for freezing fish food. If you put the fish food in a low, flat container, put it in that contraption, and freeze it.. when it comes out it will be easy to snap apart. If he's putting it in some sort of tupperware, then that would explain why the two sides are open.

Though I think the plastic divider hole-puncher idea is not bad, it just seems like there should be an easier way than that to do several at a time.

I think it's for freezing fish food. If you put the fish food in a low, flat container, put it in that contraption, and freeze it.. when it comes out it will be easy to snap apart. If he's putting it in some sort of tupperware, then that would explain why the two sides are open.

Though I think the plastic divider hole-puncher idea is not bad, it just seems like there should be an easier way than that to do several at a time.

I think its for making mesh walls for java moss(using soft plastic like what dividers are made from, you could fit a few pieces in it as well cos the gap in the device is roughly 1" looking at the sides thickness.

Okay, so I don't think that either of our guesses were corerect.

I said "Could it be used to puncture something" And he said "It could, but you need to be more specific"

I said "its used for when you make fish food. You make up the food pour it on one of the boards then put the other board on top. You then put it in the freezer and when you take it out and take it apart you have cubes ready for the fish." And he said "Keep the guesses comming!"

its for pinning pieces of fish prawn and stuff on then pour the water in and freeze then you have a piece of everything in each block i think thats it

its for pinning pieces of fish prawn and stuff on then pour the water in and freeze then you have a piece of everything in each block i think thats it

Something's telling me that it has something to do with food.

In all honesty, if that thing is used for making food, it has never been used before od he finds a way to keep it remarkably clean. Plus, no warping of the boards for having used any ligiuds. The puncturing part is for certain are you confident it's for food?

Ok, I think food prep. is the way to go so.......... :shifty:

What about shelling cooked peas?

Once blanched the peas are placed on the holes then clamped/pierced by the nailed block. Then a tap on the table would allow the pea innards to fall through leaving the shells on the nails (so to speak :lol: )

Just a though (and a share of the prize :hey: )

Ok, I think food prep. is the way to go so.......... :shifty:

What about shelling cooked peas?

Once blanched the peas are placed on the holes then clamped/pierced by the nailed block. Then a tap on the table would allow the pea innards to fall through leaving the shells on the nails (so to speak :lol: )

Just a though (and a share of the prize :hey: )

Another great guess. If I don't properly guess it, I have a feeling I will win due to creativity!

Okay so another member of the club said this:

Weird! My guess that it is used to break up a slab of frozen food into smaller pieces for easy delivery to multiple tanks/feedings.

Which seems like another good idea.

Okahy, so He just posted again and said "Good guesses, keep them comming" SO apparently we didn't guess it correctly yet...

Any other Harry and Paul fans see that and think of 'the kitty stomper' from the dragons den sketch?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back