What is this fish?

Davidaquaiumlover

New Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2017
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Hi, I got some Endler fries from LFS a few weeks ago. There are two fish among them which I'm curious about their type. They are small and the same size of the Endler fish, I have attached the pictures.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0793.webp
    IMG_0793.webp
    201.6 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_0795.webp
    IMG_0795.webp
    188.8 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_0797.webp
    IMG_0797.webp
    200.8 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_0807.webp
    IMG_0807.webp
    211.8 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_0810.webp
    IMG_0810.webp
    221.8 KB · Views: 411
those are least killifish, they are actually quite rare to see in fish tanks, that’s pretty cool that you have them.
 
also known as Heterandria formosa,
popular name mosquito fish from being used to control mosquito's. This tiny fish is one of the smallest livebearers kept in an aquarium. male 20mm female 30mm. colour is brown in both sexes. Location s. Carolina.Georgia & Florida. it is easy to keep and breed if feed Live food. I keep them and their fry in an 10x10x10 tank. with java moss for the fry to hide in temp 70-75f-they will soon breed in these conditions female drops 2 or 3 fry daily for a week or 10 days. they will not eat the fry if well feed.
best kept in species tank.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top