What Happened

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

betta_101

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
so heres a question for the breeders.. what happened when you first try to spawn your bettas? was it a success or did it fail.. well i only bred bettas once a long time ago and i had fry for about 2 or three weeks but they all died off one by one.. that was about two years ago.. or more.. and that was my first time.. and my last, as of now..
so tell your story!?
:hyper:

My first couple of times were nearly disasters, even though I kept my water clean (as best you can with such small fry) I found that some of them developed white spot, next day I found some dead, so I decided to treat them with Meth blue although I was worried about medicating such small fry, this carried on with very diluted doses for at least a week and then it cleared up and the rest of the spawn grew up nicely.

I think the problem is when they are so small you don't see clearly things like white spot etc, but as I also breed killi's and have to wear glasses I invested in a pair of head magnifiers (look daft but it does the job) so that is the only reason I spotted the problem before I lost any more fish.

you spawn bettas in no more than three inches of water and you need to keep the top of the tank
covered as when the fry are developing there labyrinths they as got to be no change in atmosphere above
the tank they need it to be kept moist and warm at all times no cold drafts

My first 3 were disasters.First the eggs were eaten,Second 4 fry survived but died at 3 weeks old.And the third attempt eggs eaten again.I tried the second egg eater and he never ate them the second time so i ahve about 12 fry swimming in my tank at 2 weeks old :good:

yeah... my first time the fry died at like two or three weeks... but now my mom and dad wont let me do it again.. so i just have a betta right now..

my first time the male destroyed the nest second time the fry died of one by one and 3rd attempt going well :good: just keep trying...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast
  • Essjay

Members online

Back