What Frustrates You Most

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
wat wrong wiv little kids sayin NEMO and DORY
quite funny lol

What really iritates me is when parents take their children into fish shops just to "look" at the fish as if its a day out. Its not an aquarium its a shop lol :rolleyes: Then they just get in your way when your trying to look and never buy anything anyway.

I mean I know fish are nice to look at but you wouldn't go in tesco and look at the food but never buy anything would you? lol.

I hit all of my LFS at least once every couple weeks, I try to make it every week when they bring in new stock, but schedules don't always agree. I might buy fish from one of them once a month, sometimes less.

Most of the managers make a point to know their regulars, and most of them know why people will come in and not buy anything. A couple of them even know what fish or plants I've been interested in and let me know if they show up on order sheets.

Don't get me wrong I also pop in to my LFS from time to time and do not buy anything, just to check what new stock they have. What I am saying is parents sometimes take their children into these shops and spend hours in there just pointing at the fish and saying "isnt that one nice" "look theres nemo" all I'm saying is most go in for something to do and treat it like a display aquarium and its not its a shop.

The difference being is if you go in to check what stock they have (as i do) there is a strong possibility that you will buy something you may of been looking for. These people don't have any intention of buying anything they just treat it as a cheap day out for the kids.

At the risk of repetition, (I did mention this on one of my other threads) I made solid arrangement with a guy advertising his fish on internet.... I made a list of what I wanted, and he gave me a batch price for those fish which I agreed to..... When I got to his house some 3 hours drive from here,.... Half the batch was sold........ That my friends.... is principal frustration!!

Im afraid Im most irritated by teenage know-it-alls who obviously are too slimy/clever/BLOODY ANNOYING for their own good. AHHHHH!!! Go to a park, get drunk, be normal!

No offence to nice teenageers, but dont guess if you dont know, dont argue if you are wrong, and accept that just sometimes, you dont know best.

So all normal teenagers are CHAVs?

And how will you know your wrong if you dont argue, Fishkeeping is full of opinions! yay!

yeh i hate it when kids say "oh mummy lets get nemo and dori"!!
and the parents agree to it, yet they dont know what there up for :)... grrr

lol :p

What really iritates me is when parents take their children into fish shops just to "look" at the fish as if its a day out. Its not an aquarium its a shop lol :rolleyes: Then they just get in your way when your trying to look and never buy anything anyway.

I mean I know fish are nice to look at but you wouldn't go in tesco and look at the food but never buy anything would you? lol.

Don't you think it better that some people just look instead of buying on a whim and not doing research properly? Or maybe these sensible people will have a look at the fish in the shop, decide they'd love to keep some, go home, research fishkeeping then go back to the shop and buy the equipment?

What's the harm in just going in to look - it's much harder to come away without buying anything :lol:

OMG Im one of those parents! Try having a two year old 24-7, no money, and then free days out are a must. So here come parks, and on rainy days, fish/pet shops! Better than those kids being sat in front of a tv bored senseless. :good:

Went into a fish shop today actually, tempted to name and shame as its not the first bad thing thats happend there.

The lady in the shop said, "the good thing about keeping fish is that if you get it wrong and they die, you can always buy more because fish are cheap". She's one of the owners!!!

I almost raised my arm and slapped her!!!

So at the moment, crap FS workers piss me of the most. :<

Fish stores that no nothing about fish at all are probably my biggest worrie. They have absolutly no regard for anything but the money they get. In one convorsation I had with the owner of my local LFS she tried to convince me that I could keep 6(!) angelfish in a 20 gallon tank because they were small.

anyway, i was in a MA today as my dad nipped into the garden centre next door and one of the employees was giving advice. (this tank was no bigger than 30L)

woman: how long it would need to be set up before my son can add fish?
lfs worker: come back in a week.
Woman: a week?? (sounding surprised), gosh! --- she was expenting to take some tommorow or something.
woman: what fish can i add?
LFS worker: angels, corries, plec (he poined out a gibby!) angels are a good place to start
Woman: ok il take the tank today.

firstly: nothing mentioned about cycling, the water can sit there for a week but if the filter is not turned on then its useless, plus it takes longer than that to cycle a filter. angles to start with????!!!!! WCMM more like! an angel would not be able to move in a 30l tank! (if that maybe 20l) a gibby pleco gets massive (AKA sailfin)
it was appauling, worst advice i have ever heard, but i could not say anything. i also noticed several dead fish in various tanks, some near death discus and fish floating upside down near the top.
i said to my dad who had arrived by this time, "whats the betting they are selling the non aquatic plants" and oh yes, pride of place in the plant cabnet, the white and green stripy plant. (dracea?)
i promptly left the store. :lol:

anyway, i was in a MA today as my dad nipped into the garden centre next door and one of the employees was giving advice. (this tank was no bigger than 30L)

Woman: a week?? (sounding surprised), gosh! --- she was expenting to take some tommorow or something.
LFS worker: angels, corries, plec (he poined out a gibby!) angels are a good place to start

firstly: nothing mentioned about cycling, the water can sit there for a week but if the filter is not turned on then its useless, plus it takes longer than that to cycle a filter. angles to start with????!!!!! WCMM more like! an angel would not be able to move in a 30l tank! (if that maybe 20l) a gibby pleco gets massive (AKA sailfin)
it was appauling, worst advice i have ever heard, but i could not say anything. i also noticed several dead fish in various tanks, some near death discus and fish floating upside down near the top.
i said to my dad who had arrived by this time, "whats the betting they are selling the non aquatic plants" and oh yes, pride of place in the plant cabnet, the white and green stripy plant. (dracea?)

And people who make up stories to make their post relevant :grr: :grr: :grr:

And people who make up stories to make their post relevant :grr: :grr: :grr:
ok whos telling porkies lol,my pet hate is when you get loads of people looking at your post and just 1 answers,because every little helps :hyper: :hyper:

1) Dog owners who don't clean up after their dogs (never understood the saying that it's lucky to stand in it)
2) People who shout negative stuff on the football (soccer for people over the pond) pitch at their team mates (generally they're not very good and the last ones to do the hard work)
3)PEOPLE WHO TAKE THEMSELVES TOO SERIOUSLY (NOTE TO SELF!!!!!!)

My apologies to any offended by my posts, my enthusiasm that ANYONE can keep a beautiful tank maybe coming accross arrogance and dismissive of those who I really am in awe of their knowledge and EXPERIENCE. Something spilled over from real life, into my normal escape of FF's it's a great site on a better day i even think some of you cheeky sods are funny.

Ludwig, You are a Prince among men mate. Thank you.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back