What Frustrates You Most

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hmmm... me thinking it's rant time. (Look out)

1. People who I see at a certain bad LFS that I will not name, loading a fish tank into the car, and then a heap of fish bags. I know I'm powerless to stop them cause if I try, they look at me like I'm some kind of freak. Which I guess I am, a 14 year old with a clue, I think we're kind of a rare species :)
2. Betta cups. Need I elaborate?
3. People selling brackish fish as freshwater fish.
4. 'Instant cycle' products.
5. Newbie kits that give handbooks about caring for fish but make no mention of cyling and recommend frequent filter media changing. All of it. The newbies assume that if you've made sure the pH is okay then the water is fine, because that's what the book with the new tank says.
6. Newbie kits sold by the same bad LFS as (1). They contain a tank, about three times the fish it can support, a bottle of instant cycle, gravel, some tacky ornaments, bad fish food - and a bottle of methylene blue. So people buy the tank, don't cycle it, overstock it, then when all the fish get sick they tip a heap of meth in there and kill the lot.

2.?

Im with you. Want to see something done by a pro? :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUudtTZC9VQ

Oh how much I'd love to thank this guy,

Does your lfs sell bettas that not even full? not even halfway filled?

Mine sells full. :D im proud. so does my walmart. xD

HEY, IM A TEEN! No discrimination, please.

I hate it when:
People dont count my knowledge because im 15
When kids tap ont he glass
When people do the whole " IM going to buy a bigger tank when it gets bigger"
When people dont do som reasearch before buying
When stores do anytihng for a sell
When filters, and heaters die, or the electricity goes out
When my mom asks why i do some many water changes and why i have all kinds of equipment ( I NEED IT, okay, i NEED most of it, hehe)
When i cant seem to get fish that are easy to breed to breed
When i cant afford to get something that i NEED( i really mean need, like, fish, hehehehe) RIGHT THEN AND THERE
I also hate it when people pretend to listen to you at petstores and then say " what?"

"experts" who think their way is only right way.
These are the not the real experts and are closed minded.

HEY, IM A TEEN! No discrimination, please.

I hate it when:
People dont count my knowledge because im 15
When kids tap ont he glass
When people do the whole " IM going to buy a bigger tank when it gets bigger"
When people dont do som reasearch before buying
When stores do anytihng for a sell
When filters, and heaters die, or the electricity goes out
When my mom asks why i do some many water changes and why i have all kinds of equipment ( I NEED IT, okay, i NEED most of it, hehe)
When i cant seem to get fish that are easy to breed to breed
When i cant afford to get something that i NEED( i really mean need, like, fish, hehehehe) RIGHT THEN AND THERE
I also hate it when people pretend to listen to you at petstores and then say " what?"

1. Thats me. :) No one listens to the 12 year old genius that knows more than the damn people that cant fish out a freaken bala shark and drops it on the floor.

2. yeah, i taught my little sister well -teardrop-
3. Tats sadly me. i do say that. -I have the money. :D
4. Thats me, once when I bought into the guy who was selling me the fish. god, i shouldn't have boughten into him
5. thats my lfs. :D
6. For me, its when your heater explodes. (Thank god no fish were harmed)
7. OMG DUDE, SAME THING MY MOM NAGS ME AND SHE STARTS HELPING ME THEN I YELL AT HER CAUSE SHE BLAMES ME FOR DOING IT SO SLOW.

8. ####, my swordtail has a disease now it cant breed.
9. LOL. thats me and clown loaches. (1in CL , 10$ each. 5-6" Weather loaches, 5$ Stupid guy got me cornered. :D)
10. thats waht the customers do to me when i try to help them. This guy was choosing. 'which is better dechlorinator, or w.e. Ammonia clear or Aquaplus conditioner..

LOL, i had to answer those. got bored.

Well, i wouldnt blame the lfs for trying to sell their fish. LFS owners need the income to survive like the rest of us :lol:

kevin, its probably just hard for you to get people to listen because you are only 12. In 5 years, you will see what i mean because you will do the same :lol:

only main one that annoys me is when LFS take in unwanted large fish and put them into small tanks where they struggle to turn around and there isnt enough water movement for oxygen. :angry:
Have been to 2 LFS recently in one small tank they had a huge oscar gasping for breath gettin paler by the minute and in another a large bala shark that was upside down not breathing too good either. :(
Lets just say a few choice words were said to the store workers :shout: :shifty:

Yup - Agree with the lot of you. All so annoying. Can I add to the list?

People buying fish as fashion accessories! (designer bowls, cups, wall hanging tanks 1/2 inch thick!!)

and a personal annoyance - the expence of it all.

I wanna enjoy my fishies and keep them as happy as possible, but water costs a fortune over the year, not to mention electricity bills from lighting and heating the tank.

...gonna keep the fishies tho. - love 'em!

when you asked someone aN easy question and they go and say something about your stocking when it has nothing to do with my stocking!
Why would the stockings you wear have anything to do with fish keeping? :D

I despise the Nemo thing, I have to be restrained if I hear anyone saying it. It's not the kids that bug me that much, it's the adults!

Doctor: So what happened here?
Silly Nemo adult: Well I was talking about Nemo fish at the pet shop and some guy charged from the other side of the room and inserted a catfish in me!
Doctor: And the dogfish?
Silly Nemo adult: I was trying to get the catfish out...

Right now??? The most frustrating thing for me has to be THIS post, sorry but it is :crazy:
I really thought it was a wind-up when I first read it...

The 2 things .....sorry make that 3 things that get to me are;

1. People who start a thread and despite getting lots of replies dont have the courtesy to reply themselves.

2. People that ask questions and ignore the replies they didn't want to hear.

3. People who seem unable to post without swearing (check this thread)

The 2 things .....sorry make that 3 things that get to me are;

1. People who start a thread and despite getting lots of replies dont have the courtesy to reply themselves.

2. People that ask questions and ignore the replies they didn't want to hear.

3. People who seem unable to post without swearing (check this thread)

Sorry Bronzy, I did stay on that first night & did reply to many of them till past 2am in the morning (had to go to work again at 6am) & needed the sleep, The next two days I was extremely occupied & did not get a chance to spend time on here.... Just wish there were more hours in a day....and oh!... Schmill...in a situation where I have a choice, I normally just ignore those things which frustrates me. Makes life a lot easier.

What really iritates me is when parents take their children into fish shops just to "look" at the fish as if its a day out. Its not an aquarium its a shop lol :rolleyes: Then they just get in your way when your trying to look and never buy anything anyway.

I mean I know fish are nice to look at but you wouldn't go in tesco and look at the food but never buy anything would you? lol.

The biggest thing that annoys me is the ignorance that learning about fish purely from this forum breeds as to just how varied fishkeeping can be.

That and google warriors being idolised as great and experienced fishkeepers...

On Ludwig's Chinese fighters, I don't think you really can get upset by common names; many different people have different names for the same fish. That's why scientific names are so useful. Bettas are also referred to variously as Japanese fighters.

I mean I know fish are nice to look at but you wouldn't go in tesco and look at the food but never buy anything would you?

But you also probably wouldn't think of putting food from Tescos on display in your house either...

I think you are getting upset at a concept known as window shopping.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back