What Frustrates You Most

never ever seen a pump, dont know anywhere that sells them!

Just put your thumb over the end of the tube once the tube has filled with water and then submerge the vacuum end and let go with your thumb.

people that ask for advice and ignore it piss me off

Language! :shifty:

what annoys me most is that my house is not big enough to have 1 large tank for every amazing fish i have thought...i want that!

My daughter thinks I'm a master with the siphon. LOL She says "wow, you're really good at that mom"...Gravel vacuumer extraordinaire.

Rabbut..... If it is only three, you're lucky.... I can write a book if I have to elaborate.... I'll start with the incompetance of my local lfs''.... Now there's a thriller!!

Diden't realise you had a truley local LFS Ludwig...

At risk of getting you started, how bad are they and what makes you think that? :shifty:

All the best

Rabbut

Rabbut..... If it is only three, you're lucky.... I can write a book if I have to elaborate.... I'll start with the incompetance of my local lfs''.... Now there's a thriller!!

Diden't realise you had a truley local LFS Ludwig...

At risk of getting you started, how bad are they and what makes you think that? :shifty:

All the best

Rabbut

First point.... I'm looking for live bloodworms...... The guy tells me "No.... he only has frozen bloodworms, but, they become alive again as soon as they are placed in the water"......

Secondly, Look at my opening statement to this thread..... They are the ones' talking about Chiclids and Chinese Fighters.

The nemo thing doesn't bother me if it's an actual Clown Fish. They are kids afterall. To my 2 year old, all dogs are Cosmo, the name of our dog. It's just how their minds work. And it was a pretty popular movie to boot.

Rabbut.... It is your fault, you got me rolling..... The 3rd thing..... She does not buy her fish locally.... (from me).... She gets her water from a borehole on the farm and the pH does not match the local municipal water pH.... so the fish will just die if she gets from me.... She imports from Singapor.

I asked her if she tells everyone buying from her that her pH is not the same as theirs and the fish will die if they buy it from her and also told her how lucky she was to have found a place somewhere in this world with the same pH as her's..... You see.... Local is not cosher!!

The nemo thing doesn't bother me if it's an actual Clown Fish. They are kids afterall. To my 2 year old, all dogs are Cosmo, the name of our dog. It's just how their minds work. And it was a pretty popular movie to boot.

You should work at a fish store for a month and see what it really feels like. What usually happens is some kid will see a clown, and yell nemo for about 5 minutes, go somewhere else, and do it again. A few minutes later he spots the blue tang, and starts yelling dori. The cycle just keeps repeating:lol:

The thing that pisses me off the most is when I see people stuffing huge fish into tanks that are way too small for them and not diving a d@mn about it. If you are going to keep large fish, provide for them accordingly or don't get them at all. It's not worth it.

One other thing that doesn't necessarily make me mad, but just frustrates me are the laws on the fish allowed into Florida. I am a huge supporter of these laws and think that they are there for a good reason... but I want wolf fish! :lol:

I hate stupid lazy workers at fish stores! At $2 a cherry shrimp, where the biggest is half an inch, I want one that is half an inch. I say, "Can I get 6 of the biggest." (Theres lots in there. About 1/4 half inch, half 1/2 inch, and rest tiny.) So the guy sticks the net in, forces 6 to swim in there, and pulls them out. Im like 3 of those are tiny. Then, "O, sorry" then two seconds laters has the right ones (Reason why he didnt take seconds to get good ones the first time is not yet known). Its like seriously, not that hard to pick the bigger. Im not pointing out single shrimp, I just dont want babies that will be eaten by a freakin small tetra.

I also hated that guy in the brackish part of the forum with fresh, brackish, and salt water fish all in a 55 gallon tank. After 8 full pages, he finally separated them into good tank, but then bought a ray????? He also claimed to have the coolest tank. This was a good time ago thou.

WHAT I THINK :

Store workers : That little kid that freaken scares off my customers by telling them what to buy, how to stock and all that stuff.

Me : Those store workers who just want money.

): lulz.

Hmmm... me thinking it's rant time. (Look out)

1. People who I see at a certain bad LFS that I will not name, loading a fish tank into the car, and then a heap of fish bags. I know I'm powerless to stop them cause if I try, they look at me like I'm some kind of freak. Which I guess I am, a 14 year old with a clue, I think we're kind of a rare species :)
2. Betta cups. Need I elaborate?
3. People selling brackish fish as freshwater fish.
4. 'Instant cycle' products.
5. Newbie kits that give handbooks about caring for fish but make no mention of cyling and recommend frequent filter media changing. All of it. The newbies assume that if you've made sure the pH is okay then the water is fine, because that's what the book with the new tank says.
6. Newbie kits sold by the same bad LFS as (1). They contain a tank, about three times the fish it can support, a bottle of instant cycle, gravel, some tacky ornaments, bad fish food - and a bottle of methylene blue. So people buy the tank, don't cycle it, overstock it, then when all the fish get sick they tip a heap of meth in there and kill the lot.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back