What Fish To To Get?

he's a
trilineatus cory otherwise known as - 3 lined cory or leopard cory

he is not a pygmy cory and will grow to just over 2 "

THEY dont like there tanks to be over 25 degree temp
 
these are the guppies i got
295fw4k.jpg

2myua2r.jpg
 
beautiful guppies :)
but where's the pygmy's!!!???

hope you can take that one back and get a pygmy.

tank looks great..maybe some taller plants would give it a more balanced look..and a black background...it helps the color of the tank stick out more.
 
Okay, thanks. The cories are on the bottom somewhere. I got 2 of the same kind & left the other one and took two of the guppies back (they were female. I don't think I can handle fry yet :) and my mom would probly have a coronary). But as soon as I can find one I'm gonna get a live plant; either the java fern or the anubias. Nowhere I've looked has had it, but I'm gonna see if they can get some in for me.
 
I have quite a few live plants in my tank and i have no hassle at all. Just pruning when they get too huge! Moss balls are also good, no work at all, and very cheap on ebay!
 
Well, now I have another problem. Apparently my filter wasn't as cycled as I thought (can't tell why, though!!) and I just lost four guppies. :-( My one cory is starting to get red around the gills. I'll see if I can upload a picture for you. Later I'm gonna go back to he lfs and see if I can get some mature media to speed it along... should I bring the cories back, too? as far s I can tell they aren't affected (as in they're acting the same, eating, ect.). But I'm sure it's torture for them...

w6zhhy.jpg


That's the best picture I could get.
 
Do an immediate 50% water change hun to dilute the ammonia and nitrite and see if the lfs can store your corys for you until your filter is cycled
 
Okay, I brought all my fish back and did a water change. Do I just sit and wait now?
 
you must go through the cycling process again.

this time, once you reach ammonia 0, nitrite 0, and nitrate w/e (but shouldn't be 0)
keep adding 5 ppm ammonia daily, this will keep your bacteria alive.
the day you are going to get fish, do a 100% waterchange, then you can put the fish in.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top