What Fish Could Live Happy In A 30 Gallon

piranha_tim

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Well Since I bought my Piranha a 75 Gallon Tank This has now left me with a fully equiped 30 Gallon ...

I might sell it to make back some money that the 75 Cost me ...

But for humour sake I would be curious to know what kind of fish would be happy to live permanently in a 30 Gallon tank?

Lots. I'm assuming you want preds as thats what forum you posted in. A ctenopoma acutirostre could fit, so could a senegal bichir and Nandus nandus. I'm sure there are more too.

Ryan

Lots. I'm assuming you want preds as thats what forum you posted in. A ctenopoma acutirostre could fit, so could a senegal bichir and Nandus nandus. I'm sure there are more too.

Ryan

Oscar? Yeah a Pred would be nice just on the basis I am already stalking up on items for the Piranha

Nope. An oscar needs something along the lines of 65-75g. You don't want brackish or marine do you? If so you could have frogfish.

Ryan

I would prefer to stay with the same water conditions are the Piranha to be honest for ease of care.

Nobody can recommend any fresh water fish that could happily live in a 30 gallon tank?

Just some names and I will look them up and take it from there but there is millions and millions I am sure ... just a starting point would be good.

How about a red/rainbow/hi-fin wolffish (Erythrinus erythrinus)? They're awesome and predatory... right up your alley.

erythrinuserythrinus0711-01L01.jpg

Also, there are a few other threads in this section asking the same exact question. Take a look through them. :good:

How about a red/rainbow/hi-fin wolffish (Erythrinus erythrinus)? They're awesome and predatory... right up your alley.

Also, there are a few other threads in this section asking the same exact question. Take a look through them. :good:

That is a nice looking fish for sure. Do they take food items like Shrimp, Mussels, squid? Which one is that a pic of? red, rainbow or hi-fin?

how big until you couldn't keep an oscar in an 30 Gal? Maybe I could upgrade at the right time?

That is a nice looking fish for sure. Do they take food items like Shrimp, Mussels, squid? Which one is that a pic of? red, rainbow or hi-fin?

how big until you couldn't keep an oscar in an 30 Gal? Maybe I could upgrade at the right time?
I wouldn't even consider growing out an oscar in that tank. They can grow a LOT in a very short amount of time.

That wolffish is all three. They are all common names of the Erythrinus erythrinus. :good: As far as I know (I have never kept one, but spAcE mOnkEy has. Shoot him a PM) they will take all three food items you listed.

Just make sure they are legal where you live. If piranhas are legal where you are, most likely wolves are too, but just make sure. Where I'm at, both are illegal. :rolleyes:

Just make sure they are legal where you live. If piranhas are legal where you are, most likely wolves are too, but just make sure. Where I'm at, both are illegal. :rolleyes:

Yeah Piranhas are Legal here to own them (you can buy them at exotic fish places)

In Canada Piranhas and Oscars (and relatives) make common pred fish pets.

Just making sure. :good:

Just incase Wolffish aren't a possibility any other recommendations? Unfortunally to get this other fish I have to convince my girlfriend ... she already said "oscars" are too ugly which is a shame they seem a decent fish.

Most reactions

Back