What Could Go In A 2 Foot Viv?

tbh, Ian's gonna be doing most of the tank maintenance and feeding.... the viv's on top of a bookcase and I'm fairly short, with my high heels on the viv is at head height, however Ian's 6'4 so it's a comfortable height for him to be working in. It's not practical for me to do maintenance in my heels so therefore it's Ian's job to do it :lol: :D

the perfect plan, of i was him i would be buying you some 8" stelittos right now so you could do it hehe

ha ha, i wouldn't even be able to stand up in 8" heels!!! lol, i wear heels most days but only like 2/3" :rolleyes:

well we decided to just get 1 gecko, it's back to the old survive/thrive thing. We'd rather have one and it have a really nice palatial home instead of having two in a home that's probably a touch on the small side for them. And as were new to keeping Lizards having one is gonna be easier than having two as we've no group dynamics to worry over!

We picked out our gecko last night, Ian's going to the shop tonight to reserve him and we'll do our last bits of tinkering with the viv through the week to make sure it's all set up fine.

Gone for one of the juvi sunbursts they've got in the lfs, their parents were from urban gecko so good quality stock. he's too young to sex but we're gonna have that problem whatever we get so we'll just take a chance on it and if we upgrade the viv in the future we'll have to work around whatever sex he turns out to be. He's got a really cool little white band going round his neck which I like about him :good:

All excited about bringing him home now.

will do, will probably give him a few days to settle in before parading him around for the camera but we'll get some shots as soon as we can. (also were getting him on saturday and sunday were off to silverstone to watch some cars going vrooooooom so no photo opportunities that day!! lol)

I didnt really read all of this post before responding so if i reitterate what someone says i apologize. I have a friend who breeds them and i personally keep one my self. For a leopard gecko (which i think will probably be lowest maintance and best bet) with that tank size....i would only keep one. You could potential do to but heres where your problems will come. The are ground lizards as aposed to arboral, which means that the longer it is the better opposed to height. They reach normally up to 10 inches ocassionally slightly bigger. but they need cover just like fish. Your going to have to make a warmer side as well as a cooler side and they need to beable to hide insomething on both as well as a humid hide to aid in the shedding process. From my understanding for every addition L.G. You need to provide them with an additional hide. trying to cram alot of hides that an adult L.G. at ground level wont be easy. Not to mention adding a water dish, and calcium dish. I actually keep mine in a 20 gallon long tank 30 1/4 x12 1/2 x12 3/4 so that it gives the gecko breathing room without feeling to cramped.im note sure what else you needed to know but if you have a question, i would be happy to help you as i love the little creatures :) good luck o yea they are nocturnal and it looks like my info is usless as youve opted for one now that i went back and read more. Definately post some pics.

yeah we got him at the weekend, not got any pics on-line just yet but we've taken a few, not got round to transferring them onto the pc yet.

will do in the next few days I'm sure :good:

owww congrats wiggle, he eating, pooing, sleeping lol? mine are all running around at 7pm everynight loving the weather

yup, he's a greedy git, been eating, sleeping pooing, eating his calcium, he shed the other day and he's even let us handle him. obviously we're new to this so don't know all the signs to watch out for, but he looks like a happy gecko to me!! :good:

Aww the only signs to watch out for are a crackeling noise, it just means i want to b left alone kind of thing. Well he sounds a right character

nope had none of that, he's quite braved and seems very chilled out with us, everytime Ian goes over to the viv he rushed out to the front to see him, it's so cute

so anyway here's some rubbish quality pics

Photo-0103.jpg

Photo-0104.jpg

Photo-0105.jpg

Photo-0106.jpg

awww hes so cute! and his tank looks great (guessing you have a heat mat somewhere). I love his little white band on his neck

yeah we like his white band too, his markings are clearly at that not quite a juvi anymore stage, so the juvi markings have mostly faded but not quite, we're really hoping he doesn't loose the white band round his neck. I've seen adults with it so I hope he keeps it too!

yup got a heat mat under the viv on the right hand side. :good:

he really likes sitting on top of the right hand bark hide, can survey the whole tank from there :D

fairly good chance my other half will be buying a good camera today so will try for some better quality pics if he does

Most reactions

Back