What are you listening to right now?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

This one just came up on my shuffle. Makes me a bit sad every time.
No way! I've been listening to sea shanties for about the past 6 months. Was I susprised when one went viral a couple months back! Makes me feel I am not lagging a trend - very odd, and likely unprecedented.

No way! I've been listening to sea shanties for about the past 6 months. Was I susprised when one went viral a couple months back! Makes me feel I am not lagging a trend - very odd, and likely unprecedented.
Been listening to these guys for a couple of years. They have a good range of songs. Some funny, some sad.

Mr Whippy van, ice-cream truck doing the rounds of the neighbourhood.
bloody annoying music
For you Colin, I suggest:

I play this for my elementary school kids. I discovered that how good of a dancer you are is relative to your audience. Gretta, an adorable 1st grader, thinks I am John Travolta :)

My playlist... over 24 hours long. ?
I’m of the days where my cd collection was huge and Napster was a thing... my playlist is over 370 days long... I can’t even load it anymore my computer is too slow.

thank god I have Spotify

Long day...

Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats – I need a drink
I loved their first album. Great voice. Love an old soul pastiche me and their first album was as good a stax style album as anyone’s. Durand Jones first album similarly tickles the modern day hat doffing spot for “the sound of Philadelphia” style soul.

It’s old school soul from the early 60s to mid 70s and lairy white boy guitar music from the 50s to present day and not too weird but not trad instrumental jazz from 50s to present day that hits the spot with me.

For something mellow..

"Billie Holiday" by Warpaint

or "Undertow" by Warpaint

Now to fire up the subwoofer...

"Booty Swing" by Parov Stelar

or "Rock it for me (Live)" by Caravan Palace (I would love to see these guys live!)

Great choices :) Really like the most recent Caravan Palace album too Chronologic - very high up on my list of bands to try and see when the world re-opens.

I've been listening to the new Avalanches album a lot We Will Always Love You. Its very good :)

Wills

I loved their first album. Great voice. Love an old soul pastiche me and their first album was as good a stax style album as anyone’s. Durand Jones first album similarly tickles the modern day hat doffing spot for “the sound of Philadelphia” style soul.

It’s old school soul from the early 60s to mid 70s and lairy white boy guitar music from the 50s to present day and not too weird but not trad instrumental jazz from 50s to present day that hits the spot with me.
Said far better than I have either the vocabulary or background to express. All I could manage would have been something like "it sounds kind of retro-y good". :)

Said far better than I have either the vocabulary or background to express. All I could manage would have been something like "it sounds kind of retro-y good". :)
Ha!
In my younger music fanatic days I’d devour the U.K. national music press weekly. Three music newspapers bought every Thursday lunch time and read cover to cover by Friday evening. Maybe their pretentious nonsense rubbed off and has started to resurface?
A glance around the internet shows that everyone’s a music, movie or sports writer these days! Back then only the goodun s got to inflict their opinions on the world. I’m not sure if that’s a good or bad thing tbh.

Great choices :) Really like the most recent Caravan Palace album too Chronologic - very high up on my list of bands to try and see when the world re-opens.
I love Electroswing, upbeat, irrelevant and just plain fun. My favorite playlist on Friday afternoon as I look forward to the weekend.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back