What are you doing today?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

So, I was teaching my fifth graders about how to use rests in their creations: The value of silence for grabbing attention. I was describing a techno song I heard recently, where it builds and builds and builds, and then boom, four beats of absolute silence before EVERYTHING comes in.

One little boy who is really quiet, kind of an awkward but sweet little guy, raises his hand all earnestly and says, "That is what you call an epic beat drop."
:lol: :lol: :lol:

So, I was teaching my fifth graders about how to use rests in their creations: The value of silence for grabbing attention. I was describing a techno song I heard recently, where it builds and builds and builds, and then boom, four beats of absolute silence before EVERYTHING comes in.

One little boy who is really quiet, kind of an awkward but sweet little guy, raises his hand all earnestly and says, "That is what you call an epic beat drop."
Yup. We do call it that 😂😂

Yup. We do call it that 😂😂
@WhistlingBadger
This one goes completely silent at around the 1:19 mark. It kinda builds to that point. But what I like about it, is he actually addresses that part in the song by going: "Where'd the beat go?"
First time I heard it, I kinda let out a small laugh lol

i
@WhistlingBadger
This one goes completely silent at around the 1:19 mark. It kinda builds to that point. But what I like about it, is he actually addresses that part in the song by going: "Where'd the beat go?"
His music is pure art.

Thats gold 🤣

I am currently covering another store that is much much much slower than my home store. I'm hoping my new coworker can handle working it solo for two days.

A little work, a little water testing and trying to determine what is in store for me this weekend fish keeping wise...pretty sure the 307 needs it's first cracking since install a few months ago.

@WhistlingBadger
My school computer restricted your video (which doesn't necessarily mean there's anything wrong with it; it's a new filter system and they're still working out the kinks). What's it called and who is the artist? I'd love to share some examples with my kids.

My school computer restricted your video (which doesn't necessarily mean there's anything wrong with it; it's a new filter system and they're still working out the kinks). What's it called and who is the artist? I'd love to share some examples with my kids.
It's NF. It's rap but it's clean so it might be ok. The song is called the search.

So what have I done today?
I got some API Tap water conditioner to replace my prime, did some chores around the house and went to the store for my mom. Oh, I also got pulled over 🙃

Oof, what did they pull you over for?
My car is kinda old and the exhaust is bad. I was accelerating and he heard the exhaust. He pulled me over because he said it sounded like I was going too fast. Kinda ridiculous. He couldn't prove anything, so he just told me to drive safe. He was cool though. It was only like a 2minute stop.

My car is kinda old and the exhaust is bad. I was accelerating and he heard the exhaust. He pulled me over because he said it sounded like I was going too fast. Kinda ridiculous. He couldn't prove anything, so he just told me to drive safe. He was cool though. It was only like a 2minute stop.
I hate when that happens.

One time going home from work it was like 35 degrees and a cop claimed I was speeding when I was going the speed limit. He claimed he had been skidding trying to catch up to me (he waited until I was like half mile past before turning to follow) and I swear it took everything to keep my mouth shut. He only gave me a warning though. Think he was hoping I'd take the bait and then give me a ticket.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back