What are you doing today?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hopefully not, already done enough of that this year. :lol: Got four from a July hatch and two more a couple weeks ago.
WOW! I just looked at your site. You are definitely a geek (meant in a good way ;) ). I've done my share of programming but mostly years ago. Loved Assembly but it just isn't fun anymore as all your normally doing is making system calls instead of actually creating. Anymore I pretty much just do HTML, JavaScript and a touch of PHP and not even a lot of that recently although I off and on play a bit with Power BASIC. If you are interested in talking a bit about computers and/or programming message me to start a conversation. I am 100% self taught yet have 5 awards from Microsoft.

WOW! I just looked at your site. You are definitely a geek (meant in a good way ;) ). I've done my share of programming but mostly years ago. Loved Assembly but it just isn't fun anymore as all your normally doing is making system calls instead of actually creating. Anymore I pretty much just do HTML, JavaScript and a touch of PHP and not even a lot of that recently although I off and on play a bit with Power BASIC. If you are interested in talking a bit about computers and/or programming message me to start a conversation. I am 100% self taught yet have 5 awards from Microsoft.
I'm trying to learn html. What did you use to learn?

I'm trying to learn html. What did you use to learn?
I found https://www.htmlgoodies.com/ . It has changed a LOT since I started in around 2001 but still probably has good info. I also got two books; one for HTML and the other for JavaScript by the same author as the site. I used the linked site and books to make my first site which is still up even though archaic by today's standards. The site is an animated GIF gallery. At that time I hated GIF and other image galleries as you always had to close display window or hit back to get back to choices. I decided that I could do better and think that I did. Everything is on one page including menus, category thumbnails and display. The site has had well over 2 million unique visitors. Not too bad for a first try. ;) This site was 100% hand coded. One big trick I uses was parsing the image to display in the thumbnail image link. Even though there are like 2900 animations there is only one actual display code. The parsing in the display code selects which image to display. LOL! It even gives BBCode to insert the image in a forum. For instance the following smilie is displayed here using my site's generated code.
smil252.gif

Last edited:
I found https://www.htmlgoodies.com/ . It has changed a LOT since I started in around 2001 but still probably has good info. I also got two books; one for HTML and the other for JavaScript by the same author as the site. I used the linked site and books to make my first site which is still up even though archaic by today's standards. The site is an animated GIF gallery. At that time I hated GIF and other image galleries as you always had to close display window or hit back to get back to choices. I decided that I could do better and think that I did. Everything is on one page including menus, category thumbnails and display. The site has had well over 2 million unique visitors. Not too bad for a first try. ;) This site was 100% hand coded. One big trick I uses was parsing the image to display in the thumbnail image link. Even though there are like 2900 animations there is only one actual display code. The parsing in the display code selects which image to display. LOL! It even gives BBCode to insert the image in a forum. For instance the following smilie is displayed here using my site's generated code.
smil16.gif

Thanks for the information. Although I didn't quite understand everything you said i hope I will soon :)

Thanks for the information. Although I didn't quite understand everything you said i hope I will soon :)
Just take it slow and make sure that you understand what you are doing. This is getting way off topic for this thread so message me with questions if you wish.

I'm going to the lfs and buying 2 siamese algae eaters and 2 apple snails because hopefully they can help get rid of some algae.

SAEs are awesome fish, but don't make the same mistake I did. I got two ( and I still have them) and since getting them, I have learned that ideally you keep them in a school, that they grow to 6 inches in length, and are probably too big for my 29 gallon. Also, beware, others have informed me that two SAEs may fight.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back