What are you doing today?

It's a rainy morning here, and I'm bored. I can now lift a cup of coffee without causing a bleed, which is good. But it's limiting - I still can't do much. I spoke to the surgeon and he had very kindly done some extra work we had discussed as a possibility, and that's what's causing the complications. In the long run, it'll pay off, but yesterday I felt like a tank that needed its silicone replaced.
Today, I think it's stabilized, but I can't push it. I'm not good at doing nothing, but I need to use my head and give this time to tighten back up again. I think I can be a wild man, and lean forward enough to feed the fish today. I think I'll go out there, plunk down on my old wooden kitchen chair and watch some fish. I won't fiddle with filters, try to invent solutions to unsolved mysteries, or move rocks.
I do have food for thought - a slight chance of another trip to Central Africa next year. I've been looking around for credible groups that might be collecting there, and may have a lead. I figure that forgetting the temporary surgical setback, I'm only going to live once and I have a lot of mileage, so it's no use waiting for these things. It's strenuous and in a very few years, I'll be too old. If this one doesn't pan out, then I'll find another.
I was editing video from the last trip last week, and left the volume on. You could hear the discussion of the river, but more than that, I had forgotten the birdsong. There was so much of it, and it was so unfamiliar.

It’s official, I am home now: I had a heart attack followed by extended period of afib. Blood clot went to my heart and basically clogged it. I’m too young for this!

The blood clot is already broken up and I’m on blood thinners.

Makes me mad that the ambulance guys refused to take me, and that the first cardiologist said that “my heart rate probably just got a little too high”
It obviously was more than tht 😅

I’m exhausted, frustrated, scared, and angry with certain medical professionals who risked my life these past few days. I want a nap and a vacation
I know just how you feel on some of this, after my doctor put me on dangerous drugs and failed to spot the anemia. Hang in there kid.

I go for a blood draw tomorrow. I have 2 small bruises, not dark purple, at least one I know I walked into a tree limb and got a pretty good poke, so hopefully I am still ok. Bees are good, and large pond cleanups are over until fall. I'm mostly at home now. Taking pics of spiders and flowers

I know just how you feel on some of this, after my doctor put me on dangerous drugs and failed to spot the anemia. Hang in there kid.

I go for a blood draw tomorrow. I have 2 small bruises, not dark purple, at least one I know I walked into a tree limb and got a pretty good poke, so hopefully I am still ok. Bees are good, and large pond cleanups are over until fall. I'm mostly at home now. Taking pics of spiders and flowers
It’s so frustrating. Paramedics told me I was being dramatic and didn’t need to go to the hospital and refused to take me. Cardiologists assistant told me “because it’s a one time thing that happened you’ll be fine and there’s no need to run labs”

I had to go to my mom’s naturopath in order to get labs. They were dangerously abnormal so we had to go to the ER. three whole days after the incident is when I finally got help. Yeah, I had a blood clot in my heart. “It’s fine cause it only happened once”

The state of for profit medical care in Texas is bad. A little cheap clinic in a poor neighborhood provided me better care, diagnostics, everything.

A few days ago, I returned my listening to the 1 (the album from The Beatles), which I used to do about 20 years ago.

I also did (another) civic service exam in another city and the results will be published in July. I am also trying to study for another exam, this time in my area (and I am waiting for my approval to get the biologist license).

1717974839720.png

I acquired a 65 % sunshade. The temperature was reaching 35 ºC with the direct sun.

On June 8th, I decided to build a very bizarre (and interesting) scheme. I had to think about 45 minutes to find out how to my air pump oxygenating two recipients at the same time since there is a gravity factor and one of the recipients was receiving oxygen.

The red basin received some corn (for fermentation) and, occasionally, kitchen scraps and detritus from my Betta tank. The goal is to culture microorganisms and provide them to my brine shrimp as feed. I read (once again) the "Agricultural wastes for brine shrimp Artemia production: A review" (Ogburn et al, 2022) which compiled previous works with interesting results about subjects such as bioremediation, integrating manure production from poultry to Artemia culture, among other things. For now, the smell is like fermentating corn.
1717974978764.png

1717975630835.png

I also bought the Picocosmos book about culturing brine shrimp. It is a good book, but is mainly for beginners in this cultivation. I read more than thirty works/articles with this topic, so is not the in-depth thing I was used to (please, do not understand me as an arrogant person).

Sometimes, I think about creating my own particular laboratory (if possible), where I could catalog several things and doing some relevant research. My advisor told me that I was autodidact...

1717975911578.png

It seems a Nyctibius, but it is just an Athene cunicularia

Last edited:
Looking at electric trikes on-line and think that I may have found one... Does not have the top speed I'd like at only 16 MPH and a range of 30-45 miles depending on terrain and load but that is actually good enough for me.

The thing is that I'm blind in my right eye so lack right side peripheral vision and true depth perception which has always made me quite uncomfortable driving a car. I'm looking to replace my car with an electric trike. Shoot, the furthest that I go is to the local VA unless I need to go to another facility for some reason and, even then, the VA would provide transportation. I could do a much better price with going two wheels but I would intend to also use the trike in the winter. LOL! three wheels are much better on ice patches than two. ;)

So anyway this is the one I'm looking at. If anyone has any experience with such units I'd appreciate opinions...

<edit>
Oh, the local VA is only 5.46 miles so it would only be like a 25 minute ride.

Last edited:
I did an application and interview for being a volunteer at an aquarium and got the privilege of being one of the few chosen! I recently did an orientation with the other volunteers and I'm super excited! I start tomorrow!
All my hours will count towards professional experience!

Looking at electric trikes on-line and think that I may have found one... Does not have the top speed I'd like at only 16 MPH and a range of 30-45 miles depending on terrain and load but that is actually good enough for me.

The thing is that I'm blind in my right eye so lack right side peripheral vision and true depth perception which has always made me quite uncomfortable driving a car. I'm looking to replace my car with an electric trike. Shoot, the furthest that I go is to the local VA unless I need to go to another facility for some reason and, even then, the VA would provide transportation. I could do a much better price with going two wheels but I would intend to also use the trike in the winter. LOL! three wheels are much better on ice patches than two. ;)

So anyway this is the one I'm looking at. If anyone has any experience with such units I'd appreciate opinions...

<edit>
Electric bikes seem a good idea. In the United States is required to have any specific license? I have my driver's license (car, from Florida).

Electric bikes seem a good idea. In the United States is required to have any specific license? I have my driver's license (car, from Florida).
I am waiting on a call-back on if they need any specific registration but I'm pretty sure that they do not. I'll keep my Wyoming driver's license up to date which also has a motorcycle endorsement so should be covered on that aspect although I also do not believe that a license is required at all.

<edit>
It's a slippery slope, my friend. The next thing you know, you'll be a Hells Angelfish.

Most reactions

Back