What are you doing today?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Today is a fairly quiet day...bit warm outside (it is still summer, so to be expected despite the "we're all going to die" type headlines in the tabloids)

Put the 6 large tubs of empty water bottles out to be collected in the wee small hours tomorrow. Serviced a filter in the main aquarium, serviced Fred Betta's filter and changed his water (main aquarium water change tomorrow)

Had 6 chunky Assassins delivered...2 went into Fred Betta's aquarium and no he was not impressed, especially when one of them tapped his snout when he got too close - they have an understanding now...."you stay over there (snails) and do your thing and I shall be everywhere watching you"

The other 4 went into the main aquarium and promptly got assaulted by the overly curious Pepper Cories who decided to play with them for a while....the snails quickly (well as quickly as a snail can do) dug themselves in under one of the Mopani pieces with the Peppers snuffling furiously trying to get them back out to play.....no dice.

Who needs a TV when you have fish and snails getting upto no good ;)

But today I'm going to be doing my large weekly water changes.... Then the rest of the day is bleh

Just school work today. Just working on finishing the last few subjects before I'm done with high school for good :)

I've spent the afternoon doing an overdue water change and plant pruning on the main tank. Shrimp tank's turn tomorrow.

Yup.... Its what I'm doing at the moment... Water change day
20220810_113456.jpg

I usually do both tanks on the same day, one after the other. But it's too hot to wear a nitrile glove long enough to do both in the current weather - I cut my hand at lunchtime the day the water change was due and I've been waiting for it to heal up enough.

@itiwhetu Ain't that the truth about bosses not giving older guys a chance. They only want youngsters that will take their guff and pittance of a wage without griping. If they only knew what a wealth of experience comes from hiring the old guys. Actually , I think they do but it's all about the bottom line. Profits , profits and more profits and faster , faster and impossibly faster.

@Rocky998
what brand is that syphon device? Amazon link?
DIY actually... 😅
It's a pocket hose with a water stopper and a water balloon filling device....
Works VERY nicely if you have fry. And even if you dont

Been re-building the same pond since August 1st, hope to finish tomorrow or Saturday. now home hiding from the heat. Found baby Albino BN babies in the hex tank, they are very little. At least 4 I think

Most reactions

trending

Back