What are you doing today?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I made a cardigan with weight 1 yarn and with an open lace pattern. I'll post a pic once I get it back.
Here are the photos, some of which I also shared on the art thread. The owl is the one that got third. The fifth photo I entered is my profile pic.

View attachment 164523View attachment 164522View attachment 164525View attachment 164524

And here's one of my new favorites that I didn't get to enter:
View attachment 164526
Beautiful photos, you have quite the eye. Looking forward to seeing the cardigan you made, I'm not too shabby with the ol' hook myself. When I'm not armpit deep in the tank I'm usually chin deep in wool

Just chatted with my daughter who arrived in London at 3:30 AM EDT (8:30 BST), then took a bus to Oxford. She is tired but excited to start her first semester. We perused Google maps looking for good places to eat and pubs to visit.

What language?
Starting with html. Ive heard its the best for beginners. Then I will move on to some harder ones.
Once I'm done with college I hope to get a job as a developer and save some money for law school. I don't want debt. My mom just finished paying off her law school loans. It took her 25 years!

Starting with html. Ive heard its the best for beginners. Then I will move on to some harder ones.
Once I'm done with college I hope to get a job as a developer and save some money for law school. I don't want debt. My mom just finished paying off her law school loans. It took her 25 years!
Not to slight your enthusiasm, but HTML is not a language per se, though you can embed other languages (e.g. Javascript) in the 'code'.
Good plan to save for school rather than debt. Years ago before the ridiculous tuition/fee inflation, loans were OK. I had $7500 over 3 years and a starting salary of about $20K so it was just an annoyance. The key is to look at your ROI (Return on Investment), there is a good site that calculates this for various schools, if you are interested, let me know and I will dig it up.

Not to slight your enthusiasm, but HTML is not a language per se, though you can embed other languages (e.g. Javascript) in the 'code'.
Good plan to save for school rather than debt. Years ago before the ridiculous tuition/fee inflation, loans were OK. I had $7500 over 3 years and a starting salary of about $20K so it was just an annoyance. The key is to look at your ROI (Return on Investment), there is a good site that calculates this for various schools, if you are interested, let me know and I will dig it up.
You are right. HTML is not a language. Silly me.
I would be interested in that site if you can find it.

You are right. HTML is not a language. Silly me.
I would be interested in that site if you can find it.

Yesterday it was a nice quiet Sunday...apart from me swearing when I dropped the water change bucket in the wetroom and despite the fact it is a wetroom the water ran out into the hallway and gave me a soggy carpet..... :mad:

Today is the joy of doing laundry.....I hate Mondays....someone should write a song about hating Mondays.... :rolleyes:

Rowan Atkinson who played Mr bean and The Black Adder, which is rather amusing if you grew up with it but possibly not so much for the new younger generations.
The older mr. Beans videos are more amusing, there’s a bunch of new stuff but the older ones are better

Most reactions

Back