What are you doing today?

Selling my 1990 55 gallon. I just don't think I'll ever set it up again. I'm interested in trying to breed my Buenos Aires Tetras but I can't bring myself to buy a fish when all of mine are healthy. Beginning of the end.

@Rocky998 I bought a cheap 55 at Petsmart in December 2021, it is not the tank my 55 was, but it's lighter and it doesn't need seals. I do still have tanks, I just don't have 13 anymore. 6 in the living room, one in the office. But 2 really bad batches of fish disease followed by losing all purchased tetras last fall, that's the line for me and fish stores around here

I bought a magnetic algae scraper today. It is designed to clean the glass without putting your hands in the tank water. Fingers crossed it works.

I bought a magnetic algae scraper today. It is designed to clean the glass without putting your hands in the tank water. Fingers crossed it works.
I've never had any luck with those things. If yours works, do tell!

Mag Floats don't work on calcareous algae but they work pretty well on everything else. Not cheap. Today I planted the 4th hydrangea, got already for incoming hail and didn't even get rain, about to plant corn. Went and saw my friend's goats.

Mag Floats don't work on calcareous algae but they work pretty well on everything else. Not cheap. Today I planted the 4th hydrangea, got already for incoming hail and didn't even get rain, about to plant corn. Went and saw my friend's goats.
Do they milk the goat or is it a future dinner?

Today I’ve been working my butt off making inventory for this summers markets. The first two dates are set, more to come. Trying out new styles and techniques. Currently have a dozen works in progress

She breeds milk goats. And I get goat's milk from her, she sells goats but doesn't have a license to sell milk but since she is my friend she can trade milk for honey because I keep bees. Not for dinner. @gwand

She breeds milk goats. And I get goat's milk from her, she sells goats but doesn't have a license to sell milk but since she is my friend she can trade milk for honey because I keep bees. Not for dinner. @gwand
That’s great. Have you tried your hand at making goat cheese? My brother keeps bees and gives me honey to make mead.

That’s great. Have you tried your hand at making goat cheese? My brother keeps bees and gives me honey to make mead.
no, and it takes a LOT of milk. I buy goat cheese at Costco, cheapest place I know. My friend made it once I think and then didn't again, but she makes yogurt. Yogurt takes less milk

Decided to challenge myself with a still life painting. I regret it. It is SO HARD.
I absolutely hate painting it but I love the way it’s turning out. The only problem is 20+ hours in and it’s still not done and my ADHD attention span is suffering 😂
And of course I had to leave the hardest part for last, so that will be a fun thing for tomorrow.
At least it gives me something to do while recovering, and improves my skill and portfolio

Here’s a sneak peak. Any guesses of what it could be (if you already know for a fact don’t say;))
8D97ABDC-29E7-4729-8150-26C8510B31E8.jpeg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back