What are you doing today?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I'm lucky with my 150 gallon, which is in a dentist's office so daily care is in someone else's hands. The lady that runs the front desk is a fellow fish nerd, so she pretty well knows what to do, and she follows my instructions to the letter. Being on this forum makes me realize how rare that is.

I have decided, for the little it's worth, to vote in every fish related contest here that I can. Those contests reflect creativity - in tank design, inhabitants and ideas. The tank contests are about creations and conscious choices.
Pet of the month? I won't vote there. Pets are what they are, with no creation involved. If someone loves their pet enough to photograph it and post it, it's a lucky winner already.

I'm lucky with my 150 gallon, which is in a dentist's office so daily care is in someone else's hands. The lady that runs the front desk is a fellow fish nerd, so she pretty well knows what to do, and she follows my instructions to the letter. Being on this forum makes me realize how rare that is.
Do your fish get free dental care?:)

I have decided, for the little it's worth, to vote in every fish related contest here that I can. Those contests reflect creativity - in tank design, inhabitants and ideas. The tank contests are about creations and conscious choices.
Pet of the month? I won't vote there. Pets are what they are, with no creation involved. If someone loves their pet enough to photograph it and post it, it's a lucky winner already.
Now if all the members here agreed with that, we'd have many more participants entering and/or voting in the contests. :vote:
I hope to keep participation growing and growing and growing.

Do your fish get free dental care?:)
Heck yeah! 😁 I actually wanted to stock the tank with "toothy" fish: Pike cichlids, bucktooth tetras, that sort of thing...But as cute a concept as that is for a dentist's office, I realize that most fish with big teeth have them for a reason, and we decided the customers probably wouldn't enjoy the resulting bloodbath. Well, most of them wouldn't.

VOTE ! ! ! Vote in every contest. Enter these contests when you can even if you know you couldn’t possibly win. Three reasons , with number one being that we have our esteemed Contest Czar @Fishmanic doing a lot of work on the contests with little reward for his Herculean efforts. Thank you Contest Czar !
Number two reason is that the more entrants the more ideas you will get for your aquariums. These are real world examples of things that regular people are doing that you can do too.
Number three is that these contests are unique. Nowhere else in internet land is there such an example of participation for the common schmo.
One more reason : The entries put a face to the name of the membership. You get an actual look at the people here beyond their posts.

As TFF Contest Czar, I hereby appoint @GaryE and @Back in the fold as promoters for the contests. Keep up the good work.
Promote...........Promote...........Promote :banana:
Enter............Enter...........Enter:banana1:
Vote............Vote...........Vote :dreads: :vote:

Last edited:
I will gladly promote voting. It's a good habit to get into, generally. Pet of the Month - no. But the aquarium/creativity based ones are a good thing. I've only participated in one as a contestant, and doubt I'll get organized to do that again. There are people, especially younger members, who really get into presenting their tanks, and they should be encouraged.

As TFF Contest Czar, I hereby appoint @GaryE and @Back in the fold as promoters for the contests. Keep up the good work.
Promote...........Promote...........Promote :banana:
Enter............Enter...........Enter:banana1:
Vote............Vote...........Vote:dreads: :vote:
To quote my favorite 70’s Disco group . . . . “We want you , we want you , we want you for a new recruit “.

Last edited by a moderator:
To quote my favorite 70’s Disco group . . . . “We want you , we want you , we want you for a new recruit “.

HOW BOUT YOU!
Would you like to help promote the contest? Sign up today and join us in promoting the best contests of all fish forums.

Last edited:
And while we have your attention
If you have a tank sized at 17 to 30 gallons, you should enter it in our present TOTM contest. Just click the banner at the top of the forums to view the entry poll.

Weight limit? 300 lbs on the ones we have.
1680463329439.png

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back