What are you doing today?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Did ~50% water change this afternoon and Murphy's Law stepped in.

I have two siphons, one larger for quicker water removal and a smaller for substrate vacuums so I can at least get between some of the plants. The larger has a clip to hold it in the bucket but the smaller does not and came out of the bucket. I usually just wear socks in my apartment but now have on slippers as the carpet in front of my couch is a bit damp. No actual harm as I caught it soon enough that a couple of smaller towels sopped up the water but the carpet is still damp.

I also learned that I need to trim my plants MUCH more often! My Tiger Lotus had 6-7 surface stems and my crypts,I think they are crypts but I really don't know much yet on plants were full enough that they were starting to partially block the top intake for my built in sponge filtration. It was a REAL pain separating stems and stuff to trim. In the future I will do light trimming every time I do a water change!

Anyway, for a first trimming attempt, I think I did OK. LOL! You also get the extreme privilege of seeing Clyde strutting. If not known Clyde is my rope fish and has a bit of an ego. ;) Totally a miniature sea serpent!

first plant trimming-small.jpg

Just joined The New Jersey Aquatic Gardeners Club. Was hoping to be able to go to the meeting/plant swaps, but they always meet on Saturdays. Thats off limits for me :-(
Rip. Even for just the meeting part? Not just the plant swaps cause that would count as buying/selling?

I just pulled a 3-4 inch twig out of my dog's fur by accident 😳
Like how? 😂
She has some very deep fur on her. Especially her neck area.
Don't worry, she isn't injured. It was literally just deep in her fur 😅

I just pulled a 3-4 inch twig out of my dog's fur by accident 😳
Like how? 😂
She has some very deep fur on her. Especially her neck area.
Don't worry, she isn't injured. It was literally just deep in her fur 😅
Ngl I think we both felt like Mary Poppins for a little there 😂

Our ND goats will start kidding any day now. Lapis is due who knows when, she was our first oopsy in like 8 years- one of the buckings must have slipped past the apron before we put them in the buck pen... Mab is due on the 12th. Dusty on Christmas eve and Star at the end of December.

Little Star was born in December last year. She choked on milk after nursing and died (or pretty much, she went limp and stopped breathing), my Dad gave her mouth-to-mouth and resuscitated her. He just happened to be out there checking on her and taking pictures. She is our little Christmas Star, and is now having her own December babies!

Little Star was born in December last year. She choked on milk after nursing and died (or pretty much, she went limp and stopped breathing), my Dad gave her mouth-to-mouth and resuscitated her. He just happened to be out there checking on her and taking pictures. She is our little Christmas Star...
So glad she made it through and that your dad was there to save her! Wow...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back